View RSS Feed

Life

description

1. Speed

This was a short essay written in my First-Year Seminar, "USA: The Natural Experiment." It's basically "how did we screw up the environment and where do we go from here?" We study the environment from historical, economic, political, conservational, (et cetera) perspective. In the first week of class, we took a bike ride around town and came upon a tiny, abandoned kitten. Our professor stopped the entire class so that a friend and I could rescue said kitten and rerouted our course
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Please Leave a Message After the Beep

So, I'll not be online much until next week.

I've written 7 of the over 30 pages I'll have to write over the next few days. Several smaller essays, a research paper, and others..

I have 13 chapters from various classes to read, from a terribly dry American Government textbook to novels, to the Bible.

I have a test in Intro to Biblical Lit to study for.

All before Friday.

And I'm working 3 jobs.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Something You'll Rarely Hear a Woman Say

Author’s Note: Many of you know me as a very strong and independent woman. I am capable of many things of which men are capable. I am willing to speak, willing to work, willing to act. I do not mean, in this note, that a woman should not be strong and that she should not be capable, for indeed I strive and encourage other women to strive to be both. However, there is a time for strength and there is a time to yield. There is no shame in yielding. When you find a husband who will treat you right ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized