View RSS Feed

Poetry

1. Late nite shopping

by , 02-08-2009 at 01:48 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    From the Sankrit's poets thread. More difficult than they look: why don't you give it a try?

http://www.online-literature.com/for...t=14298&page=9

(poem deleted)

Updated 07-05-2009 at 06:23 AM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Poetry
  2. chalk it down to the lines in the playground

by , 01-18-2009 at 04:52 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    (poem deleted)

Updated 07-05-2009 at 06:24 AM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Poetry
  3. The Other Side

by , 12-28-2008 at 07:34 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    So, I'm still having a poetic lull, which is bugging me now. This poem I started writing a few weeks ago after noticing, for the third day, from the train station platform, the boys skateboarding under the overpass. They are there every day: light or dark, rain or sunshine. I'm sure some people consider them a nuisance, but I think it's kind of nice.

And here is the poem.

(poem deleted)

Updated 07-05-2009 at 06:24 AM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Poetry
  4. On sharing a bath with Ted Hughes

by , 10-26-2008 at 11:13 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Maybe it is just me, but I like to read poetry in the bath! It's so relaxing to slip into a lovely hot bubbly bath, surrounded by the weak light of candles and the company of a good poet. Recently I was lucky enough to get hold of a good collection of Ted Hughes's poetry from my secondhand bookshop, so a couple of nights ago I sank down into the water and discovered one of Britain's best modern poets, and perhaps one of the most contraversial due to his infamous and destructive relationship with ...

Updated 07-05-2009 at 06:25 AM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Poetry
  5. Everything in its right place

by , 06-02-2008 at 09:54 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    So, it's been a month, and I'm still feeling a bit...I dunno, something, like I need to do something. It's been a good month, writing, playing with my kids, figuring some things out. I've still got, I think, a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

I've started working on a poetry collection, though goodness knows if I'll ever find a publisher for it. It's all about moments, inspired by feelings generated in a particular time or place. Here are two of the poems; the second is still ...

Updated 07-05-2009 at 06:25 AM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    , Poetry
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast