Blog Comments

I've been wondering about you. I haven't been around much and now I don't see you or your daughter. Are you still here at all? Hope things have been well.

amp
    Bravo! This captures that non-fiction novel approach invented by Capote with "In Cold Blood," and grabs the reader from the opening. I love it, Granny!
    As difficult as it must have been to make the decision, the freedom and lack of, well, obligation I guess, must be amazing to feel now.

Kitty! Cute
    Oh those geriatric issues are so hard. It tears at me just thinking about them. Well, a skilled facility is best for all. Nice to see you back Granny.
    Updated 04-04-2009 at 12:12 AM by Virgil
    I am glad things are working out and I do believe you have made the best of decisions with very good intentions. Yay kittens!!! And your MIL should receive the care she needs and it will all be good.
    Glad to see you around!
    Nice to see you posting again. I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law but also glad that you can put your life together now.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Welcome back Granny.
    Glad to see you blogging, Mom.
    My M-I-L is in hospital now, too; and decisions must be made as to where she will be placed after the fact. It is difficult, so I hear what you were saying.
    I was glad to read your words and hear that things are working out for you. It sure is nice to read your blog again, good to have you back!
    Its good to see you online again G5!!! I know the feeling of putting the M-i-L in a care home is going to feel bad, but at least she will be in good hands. With all the free time you wont know yourself!
    you will of course have to post pics of the little kitty for us all!
    best of luck with everything and dont forget to come online again soon!
    Niamhxxx
    Granny5, I'm not following what you're saying here---there's something you're leaving out, now you say you could use some solemn advice and that's why I'm here---help me, help you.

Putting this family drama...important family drama...aside for a minute, I just want to tell you that you deserve to find yourself---you sound like a cool lady---so I say you just get into that hot car behind you in your avatar---what is that an old Mustang?! Wow, what a gem!!!! Just get in the car with your husband, turn the key and come pick me up, and we'll all do a road trip cross country!---hey we'll stop at lakes along the way---I admit it I love to fish too---we'll drink good red wine and fish, driving cross country with granny5 and hub---yipeee!
    Updated 01-16-2009 at 11:48 PM by jon1jt
    Well, maybe this bit of a scare will enable you to slow down a little, as you do work so very hard, G5. You really did have us worried. And I have read somewhere about how women feel like they have severe indigestion when it is really the on-coming of heart trouble (be it attack or what, I cannot remember). So all in all, it is not to be taken lightly - though I am so glad that you are in good health and that the scare is over. Please promise us you won't work so hard.
    ~K♥zzo~
    I am very glad you are safe-- I was worried!
    <3
    I was glad to hear you are doing well. Got the chance to read Mom-H's blog, but not too sure if I had the chance to reply. Take good care of yourself, and it is much better to have been checked than to find out that it was the worst:)
    glad to hear all is ok.
    Good to see you back G5 and that everthing is okay!
    I think in the long run it was better to have yourself checked out. This is one of those do as I say not as I do situations though one time at work I went to the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack. So take care of yourself. Ruth works at Meijers which is Walmart Michigan/Ohio style so I understand a bit better what work you do. I had forgotten what your job was since you weren't teaching anymore. Best to you Rich
    Oh I see. Than perhaps you should take easier Granny. I hope work is fun. That is the key to not getting affected by the stress.
    BTW, I stayed on the treadmill for 7 1/2 minutes talking the whole time. I could have gone a lot longer but they said it was over and time to go back to ICU!
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast