View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Open Mic

I just got home from the library where I attended a poetry open mic. It was a lot of fun. Our little local newspaper had a reporter there taking pictures and there was coffee and cookies. The little round tables had long white tablecloths with a single pussy willow centerpiece.
    Of my own, I read The Hobby, Extinguisher, Tranquility, and Black, and sang a fun song called Chocolate. I also got to read several of our leader's poems because he is legally blind. He has been nominated for Indiana's ...
    Categories
  2. Encounters of the Depp Kind

Hey, my son had a small interaction with Johnny Depp last night, sometime after midnight....."he drove in the back seat of a Ford Explorer down a little side road. He had the window down waving to people and I was about 8 feet away from him and I said "Hey, Private Gator Lerner". He looked at me and chuckled and said "Thanks Man". Private Gator Lerner is an obscure reference to a past charater he had played in the movie Platoon early in his career." Pretty cool. ...
    Categories
  3. Johnny Depp

I am on spring break this week so I left the house at 7:30 and drove to the mall to walk. I usually walk outside but I can walk much faster at the mall because I don't have to watch for potholes or bad sidewalks. The temp is great and there's music, lame as it is, but it's for all ages. And, of course, there are no shoppers that early. Then I went to Bob Evans for a light breakfast and worked on a poem. Next I decided to stop at Curves in Crown Point and did two rounds. Then I stopped and washed ...
    Categories
  4. Holy Week

I was telling someone earlier how much I love Holy Week, not necessarily for its religious nature, but for its reflective nature. It both draws me in and draws me out.

Last Saturday afternoon I was having a late lunch at one of my favorite restaurants when in walks my choir director with his wife and our organist with her husband. I quietly observed them for a few minutes and then they spied me. First the organist comes over to tell me she left me a message on my phone but she "can ...
    Categories
  5. An Easter Song For You

Feeling blue?
    Feeling angry?
    Feeling sick?
    Feeling strange?

Maybe this will help, that is, if you don't WANT to feel blue, angry, sick or strange. Add a verse if you like.....maybe flavors of Jellie Bellies instead of colors???

Sing this little ditty to the tune of "Alouette, gentille alouette..."

Al and Etta, they went out to get a
    Basket full of jolly jelly beans
    Jolly jelly ...
    Categories
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast