View RSS Feed

title

description

1. 2007 Book List

Taking my cue from Virgil, I thought I would list the books I read with my book club, Prose and Cons, for 2007, and the average of how the group rated them. We rate them 1 to 10, 10 being the best. We do not follow Oprah's choices but sometimes she chooses ours. LOL I rated almost everything between a 7 and 8. I have a terrible time giving a book a bad rating unless it is really REALLY bad.

March: A Novel by Geraldine Brooks 9.0
    Winter Dance: The Fine Madness of Running the ...
    Categories
  2. What are YOU doing this weekend?

I probably should be shopping but no, I'm going to a jam session, singing and plucking, guitars, fiddles, mandolins, banjos, bass fiddles and XX has me hoping for a harmonica.
    The evening begins with a potluck and I'm taking my Hot Kraut! Now, PLEASE do not take offense with that. My father is German and he loves this dish. I made it up so it may sound sickening to some of you.

Hot Kraut
    1/2 lb. thick slicedbacon, cut in small pieces and cooked crisp, set aside ...
    Categories
  3. A Riddle

What is greater than God,
    more evil than the devil,
    the poor have it,
    the rich need it,
    if you eat it you will die?
    Categories
  4. Cheers

In the midst of so many serious subjects, you all are probably going to give me a good swift kick out of here for posting the following silliness. I hope these will make you chuckle. We all need a little laugh, right? And no fair googling!

1. What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?

2. What do you get if you deep fry Santa?

3. What did Adam say on the day before Christmas?

4. Why does Santa have three gardens?
    Categories
  5. Sing Along Messiah

Today is the day for this. One of my dreams is to sing this in Chicago. Wow!!
    Today we'll be at a large Catholic church in 'da region'.
    No matter whether you believe in the Messiah or not, it is wonderful to be singing this piece by Handel, to be surrounded by so many singers and musicians. I can't wait.
    Categories