Blog Comments

I have to say that frozen butterbeer is also swell. I think it makes the butterscotch taste not too sweet, but just right.
    Amp, that is exciting to be able to catch a glimpse of Johnny. Be sure to post any photos if you are so lucky to get them!
    I love Johnny Depp!
    Merry Christmas Amp!!! I hope you had a good one!
    I never saw the answer to this. Cool. Hey where has Amp been lately? Miss her.
    The answer is Nothing [:
    I didn't know what you were on about so I googled it. Here in UK it's already aired several times, including repeats so yeh, I've seen it. But enjoy! Which adaptation is on today?
    I was watching some of their videos on Youtube just the other day a week or two ago..."Gone Gone Gone" I think is the only title I can remember but I really did like them too!
    Well, she's definitely gone. She was harshly pushed towards the door. Now that's not surprising at all, here, if you see what I mean. I'll miss her.
    She was around a day or two ago. She always very good about answering comments. Takes me about two weeks to realize someone's not around or just not in the forums I breeze thru.
    For what it's worth, I shall miss her if she leaves. She was a natural fit here on lit net.
    Now Yeats is another poet I'd gladly marry. My favorite poem by him is his lesser known Byzantium. Interestingly, this is Yeats' response to the Aesthete Movement (of which Wilde was the paramount spokesperson), which advocated that life, in fact, imitates art, not vice-versa. Here Yeats shows the superiority of art over life:

The unpurged images of day recede;
    The Emperor's drunken soldiery are abed;
    Night resonance recedes, night walkers' song
    After great cathedral gong;
    A starlit or a moonlit dome disdains
    All that man is,
    All mere complexities,
    The fury and the mire of human veins.
    Before me floats an image, man or shade,
    Shade more than man, more image than a shade;
    For Hades' bobbin bound in mummy-cloth
    May unwind the winding path;

A mouth that has no moisture and no breath
    Breathless mouths may summon;
    I hail the superhuman;
    I call it death-in-life and life-in-death.
    Miracle, bird or golden handiwork,
    More miracle than bird or handiwork,
    Planted on the star-lit golden bough,
    Can like the cocks of Hades crow,
    Or, by the moon embittered, scorn aloud
    In glory of changeless metal
    Common bird or petal
    And all complexities of mire or blood.
    At midnight on the Emperor's pavement flit
    Flames that no faggot feeds, nor steel has lit,
    Nor storm disturbs, flames begotten of flame,
    Where blood-begotten spirits come
    And all complexities of fury leave,
    Dying into a dance,
    An agony of trance,
    An agony of flame that cannot singe a sleeve.
    Astraddle on the dolphin's mire and blood,
    Spirit after Spirit! The smithies break the flood.

The golden smithies of the Emperor!
    Marbles of the dancing floor
    Break bitter furies of complexity,
    Those images that yet
    Fresh images beget,
    That dolphin-torn, that gong-tormented sea.
    Oh I had no idea who you meant by the title. Of course happy birthday to W.B. Yeats, one of my all time favorite poets. Here's my favorite non-poem quote from Yeats, because I so agree with it: "I hate journalists. There is nothing in them but tittering jeering emptiness. They have all made what Dante calls the Great Refusal. The shallowest people on the ridge of the earth." And one of my favorite poetic quotes, from "Byzantium": "Astraddle on the dolphin's mire and blood,/Spirit after Spirit!"
    as I read this story my 4 legged best friend is lying down on her side and sleeping with her front paws crossed - ever the lady !!
    That's right, I think it was Kiz. I loved it then too.
    Hey! I have already seen this, but it was not in my bloggy! It was either in Kiz's blog (the sweetness of it sounds like a Kizzo-story, doesn't it? ), or perhaps it was Jer who sent it to me via email cause he oftens sends me emails about doggies. Anyway, sweet story!
    And another thing I'd learn from my dog: Growl at the milkman . She does it playfully when he stirs her up when he whistles at her . But really, that was very cute and sweet! Thank you for sharing, it made me smile and I shall certainly remember it, it's very true
    Glad to hear you're doing alright through all that. Your tadpoles sound cute, but I agree with Anza--I'd bring them inside, or somewhere safe.
    Wow, that sounds like scary weather! Hope you get some dry pleasant days soon!
    Well MH, I'm not sure if I can do any of that "heipin'"! haha My mama never taught me about such things. Just teasing.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast