Blog Comments

Frankly, your coursework sounds somewhat hellish, but YOU sound somewhat energized! Kudos to you, Farnoosh. I hope you continue to enjoy your trip down the yellow brick road of education.
    That was a great Persiangreenway. Long live Neda Agha Sultan.

http://www.youtube.com/CitizenTube#p.../5/QzUDyL1RTk8

http://www.youtube.com/CitizenTube#p.../4/lp5ApDTfsTM

John McCain is not a pusilanimous politicaian like some glaring examples. Appeasement can never be tolerated! My heart is with you guys. Be brave and stay safe. God be with you.
    salam farnoosh.
    in video ro bebin.ma hame sabzim
    [url]http://vimeo.com/5304378?[/url]
    Well, Farnoosh I have to go back to my original avatar. But I'm still in solidarity with you.
    Updated 06-21-2009 at 09:38 PM by Virgil
    Hey farnoosh
    I guess it's difficult for anyone outside Iran to really understand what's going on there, especially when it is difficult to trust the media bias and I know the BBC are getting a bit of a bashing out there at the moment. Either way it seems the government have backed themselves into a corner they're going to struggle to get out of and they've clearly underestimated the strength of feeling. Whether or not the election was fair, and whether on not the result was right, your country stands now as a testiment to the importance of freedom and the lengths to which people will go to ensure they have it (or the illusion of it - maybe your politicians aren't as yet as canny as ours!). Good luck to you, and however it turns out I wish you well and hope for the safe deliverance of both you and your country from this imperiled time.
    Just changed my avatar Farnoosh in your honor.

Someone greater than I said this:
    "This young century will be liberty's century. By promoting liberty abroad, we will build a safer world. By encouraging liberty at home, we will build a more hopeful America. Like generations before us, we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom. This is the everlasting dream of America."
    Updated 06-17-2009 at 11:33 PM by Virgil
    I'm pulling for you Farnoosh. I hope you topple this gov't, but be safe. If the people of Iraq can have freedom so can you. I am in complete solidarity with you and your cause!!
    Every parent was a teenager, but there was never a teenager who was a parent of a teenager...

They have walked in your shoes...maybe...someday...you'll walk in theirs!!
    Awww, it made me sniffle. . . Either that or my nose is running again. J/K! It's a really great poem.
    thanx,kizzo!!you are so nice
    Farnoosh, this poetry was lovely, and your presentation did it justice (the pink fancy writing, etc.). See you next time!
    What a beautiful tribute to a great person -- your mother . And I also wondered about that last line, Farnoosh.
    A very touching poem Farnoosh. I have one question, the end seems a little abrupt. I feel like the poem is incomplete...or is it just the last line. B
    i hope so
    i think i'll never get over it!
    All I can say farnoosh is that it will be ok in time. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Farnoosh, that was beautiful. It made me cry, because I lost someone dear, too, just this past year... Take care, and I hope to read more of your beautiful poetry. Kizzo
    thank so much toni i like those lines the best
    i was thinking of my mother when i wrote those
    Very well-written, farnoosh!
    I especially love these lines:

"Though It may hard to think it, the memories not lost.
    Now your end it is nearing so now I shall say my Final Goodbye.
    For now and forever."

It is something I think most people could relate to.
    Sad but beautiful.
    Keep writing!

love your friend,
    Toni
    Farnoosh, maybe your parents do understand you, but cannot communicate it to you on your own terms. They feel your pains and your happiness, though you do not see it now. They want what is best for you, no matter what, and on good days you may agree with me. But overall, if it counts for anything, I also felt this way. The artistic side of me was almost crushed out of existence. But, what is meant to be will happen. It is good to unleash emotions in poetry/stories/songs, so keep the poetry happening. Cheers, Farnoosh
    I'm with Virgil:) It may seem they can't understand now, but that is not the way you will see it when raising your own teenager. My kids are still young, but I've finally learned an appreciation for the strictness of my parents. I thought they were entirely unreasonable at 15, 16 and clear up till I was married and not under their roof. Now I see why they were, and I'm grateful for it. Hang in there, and one of these days they will not seem so alien. You will find the understand much more than you give them credit for;)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast