View RSS Feed

farnoosh

I wanna scream till the words dry out

1. Ghost from the past?

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. So much has happened that i think if i were to tell it all, i would never be able to stop typing.

I come back here sometimes; mostly when I read a good book (which is rare these days) and want to discuss it. I come looking for a place that I remember. But that feeling of nostalgia stops me from posting anything; i instantly realize that the familiar place is no longer The Place for me... So I leave without a word, feeling...

Updated 03-06-2022 at 03:30 PM by farnoosh

Tags: #toucnandgo
    Categories
  2. Out of Boredom...

These days my life is like an event-less set of hours stitched together by misery itself. Here's what I do everyday:

Wake up - usually at 9 am . Pretty unusual for me as an early riser back in college days.
    Check mail and my online applications for updates.
    Eat breakfast - or skip it and wait for lunch.
    Surf the net till afternoon.
    Around 1:30 pm I set the table for lunch & wash the dishes after it's finished. >> most useful thing I do all day
    Categories
  3. It Is Foolish To Wish For Beauty ...

I found this quote in my files tonight, thought I'd share it
    It is foolish to wish for beauty. Sensible people never either desire it for themselves or care about it in others. If the mind be but well cultivated, and the heart well disposed, no one ever cares for the exterior. So said the teachers of our childhood; and so say we to the children of the present day. All very judicious and proper, no doubt; but are such assertions supported by actual experience?
    We are naturally disposed

Updated 03-15-2015 at 02:25 PM by farnoosh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Update

My grandma has been in the hospital for about a week now, it's nothing terrible but she need antibiotics injected in her veins and she needs to be constantly monitored for that. Since I'm technically without a job to do at the moment (unless you call waiting for an admission email a job), I go to the hospital in the mornings and take care of her and check up to see if she needs anything: CT scans and etc. Anyway, mostly there isn't much to do around there so I take my kindle with me and read my ...

Updated 02-14-2015 at 12:44 PM by farnoosh

Categories
  5. Love's Trinity by Alfred Austin

Soul, heart, and body, we thus singly name,
    Are not in love divisible and distinct,
    But each with each inseparably link'd.
    One is not honour, and the other shame,
    But burn as closely fused as fuel, heat, and flame.

They do not love who give the body and keep
    The heart ungiven; nor they who yield the soul,
    And guard the body. Love doth give the whole;
    Its range being high as heaven, as ocean deep,
    Wide as the realms
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast