Blog Comments

TY Rich, I sure did.

Thank you Lady Luck, it was. I'll bet they don't cost a full penny to make; but yeah, that would sort of be the effect of not making them. A penny saved (or not made) is a penny earned. Or is that.. the cost of an unmade penny saved is ... oh, well, nevermind. :P

Thank you farnoosh; I'm going to have to pay attention to that. When you say, 24 pennies from places I love to go, do you mean different countries?
    One of the things I like about pennies is the noise they make. My mother always takes my pennies away cause I like to shake them in my hand all the time. hmm... that title gave me an idea for a birthday present. Nik, collect 24 pennies from 24 places you love to go, that's my present to you. Happy Birthday NikolaiI.
    Hope you had a lovely b-day Nik. As for the pennines, I'm not certain that they don't cost more to make than they're worth. Think I can just ask that I be given the "cost" of every penny they wish to give me in change
    Happy late birthday. Hope oyu had a good one.
    Thank you Comedian, I appreciate it. How about Canadian ones? *stashes metaphorical sock of pennies in metaphorical treasure room*
    Happy Birthday Nik! -- You know that the only appropriate gift for you, now, is a sock full of pennies, right? I'll have to give them you metaphorically. *hands Nik a sock of pennies*
    Thank you!! That's very kind of you all. And Qi I'm happy you were born of course, too. Qi it's a vicious cycle that can only be ended one way. We make more pennies, people throw them away because they don't think it's worth it to save them, and we make more pennies... I'm being dramatic but honestly, it costs money to make them but maybe 50% wouldn't even bother to bag them up to buy anything with them, thus my, well, Canada's solution of stopping making them. If you don't believe me just ask Dark.
    Updated 04-02-2012 at 04:46 AM by NikolaiI
    You were born on April Fools!

Happy birthday Nik.
    OMG yes! I myself said the exzact same thing about pennies not that long ago.
    That seems so drastic. Can't they just stop making so many? Moderation in all things. after all, even with pennies.

Oh, and happy birthday! I'mglad you were born.
    Thank you very much, farnoosh; that really means a lot!
    You really are amazing, NikolaiI. And I'm not saying it to flatter you.
    Humans are amazing when they find out what they are looking for and still want to have it even if it's not what they hope'd it would be.I admire you for reaching for what you want.
    Thank you very much. You're very kind to say all of that
    Thanks, Qi! and, you're welcome.
    I'm glad your home, but I'm sorry to hear your mom is not in great health.

You already are amazing. I know you will always strive to be the best you can be.
    That is a truly beautiful and insightful observation, Nic. Thank you for it.
    May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love. Christmas is the time of giving and sharing. It is the time of loving and forgiving.
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Follow me please
    http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
    December is still pleasant, maybe because of Christmas, but once we're into January and February...urgh. I just want to get away. I hate the winter, and we don't get it as harsh as other parts of the country.
    That's very interesting. I don't want to jinx it but we've had like 5 days of relatively warm, rainy weather. I do love sunshine but I love the rain too. I hope it isn't global warming, though.
    Where I'm at, we have these freak days every year. I take them for granted, and count on them. There's nothing like having weeks in the 20s, only to have a day in the mid to upper 50s crop up. They're worth enjoying