View RSS Feed

title

description

1. a real letter to the editor

As many of you may know, I live in Arkansas. Iíve blogged before about how I hate the Dog Patch image that comes with living here in the Ozarks.

This is a real letter to the editor that was published in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on April 16, 2007. Itís too funny.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Editorial/187608
    Daylight exacerbates warning
    You may have noticed that March of this year was particularly hot. As a matter of fact, I understand that it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. * :) *

Iíve been smoking through my assignments this week. Iím really ahead. I may not finish everything this week, but I will mostly finish every assignment. The thought of just having to go over and refine my assignments for the rest of the semester makes me smile. Iím going to put my garden out next week, paint the living room another shade of yellow (again), and put my floors down next week. Iím so excited about that. No matter what this yellow looks like Iím going to stick with it. Itís actually ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. friendship

Iíve been so antisocial lately that I donít even know anyone anymore. Sometimes I ask why I would join a social networking group. Iím incredibly antisocial. During times when I have to be social for work, volunteer programs, public speaking situations, mentoring and stuff like that, Iím faking it. I sound nice and social and interested, but itís a big CONSPIRACY THEORY. (had to get that in somehow)

So in real life, not here of course because I love you people- seriously, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Electricity!!!

5. the ice storm

The storm was really bad. Power poles broke in two under the weight of the ice. Lines are down EVERYWHERE. We could be without power for another three weeks. People in town are lost. IT's almost dangerous to be in town. People in the country are better equiped to deal with it. We have a generator that we run for an hour in the morning and one in the evening. Then my husband takes it around to the neighbors and runs it at their houses to keep their deep freezers frozen and let them draw water. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast