Blog Comments

It'd be interesting to read your experiences motherhubbard. For what it's worth, I think you'll make a marvellous teacher. Good luck with the test. Virgil's advice is very sound, don't get wound up and believe in yourself and you'll sail through it.
    Thanks, Becca
    Good luck, MH, and a pre-congratulations, as I am sure you will do just fine.
    My degree is elementary, but I'm looking for an ALP in Special Ed.
    You'll do great. -- What sort of teaching are you going into? Secondary? elementary? special ed?
    That's a fine example of irony! You'll do fine on the test, I'm sure!
    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I know that I'm likely just being irrational about the test, but it's still worrisome. There's so much riding on it!

Qimi, I've been a stay home mom for 15 years, mostly. We had a go at commercial farming about seven years ago and after a few years of bad luck we lost our shirts. It was a hard time. I went back to work to pay off the farm debt, but got pregnant on my first day. So after the baby was born I decided to go back to school to be a teacher. I was able to do it on line while staying home with the baby. There was a time when I was younger and didn't have a family yet that I thought teaching would be a good choice. It still sounds good. I'll have the same schedule as my children and I think I'll find it to be an enriching experience. The funny part is that I went back to school so that I could have a job that accommodated my family and pay off the farm debt (which was a lot) but I will have the debt paid off two months before I graduate.
    Updated 11-09-2009 at 12:57 AM by motherhubbard
    I have enormous faith in your ability. If the test is multiple choice, cover the answers, read the question, think what YOU believe the answer is then check oyur choices. Hope it works out for oyu. Be interesting to see the entries ahead.
    Relax M-H, relax. Study until the day before and then loosen up with some gardening or something. Or mix gardening and study time by alternating them. Relax. You have done well so far. That means you know the work. Don't tie yourself up into knots. You'll be a great teacher. You've got the personality for it. [As opposed to me. Can you imagine me in front of a classroom? I'd have them marching around the classroom into a goosestep. Hup two, three, four... ]
    think positive, think positive!!!

You will do fine on the test. I can't wait to follow your blog.
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great.

Reminds me of my mom: She once told me that all she ever really wanted to do was be a mother. It wasn't until she got divorced did she go back to college to get a Masters so that she can become a teacher.

Teaching, in any grade, is a tough job, so good luck to you.
    What made you change your mind? I hope you find that you like it. I'm a teacher-high school English-and generally I like it.
    I'd love to see photos of how your house is coming along!
    Oh good, rabbit stew!!!

Actually, no way could i kill bunnies. Actually I couldn't kill anything. If wasn't for butchers i would starve.

I love what you do with your house. I admire self sufficiency so much. If you ever want to help with a baby's room, we're working on one right here.

I have no idea what DOS and CID stand for. Sounds like an interesting job, though I can see how police and detective work wears on one's soul.
    Agree with Niamh- one time we bought meat bunnies from a farmer specifically as pets. . Other than that, glad to hear all is going well.
    I deffo know there is no way i'd be able to kill bunnies...
    Oh, that's true! The problem is when he is suspicious for no reason. I hate that!
    Happy to hear that things are going well in the MH family.

I guess there aren't that many things you can try and pull on your husband without him getting suspicous
    You have such a way of making your family memories come alive and from the heart.
    These Lilly stories are fantastic, thanks for sharing them, M-H. It really puts a bit of perspective into one's day.
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast