View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. backward graduation weekend part 1

I started this Friday, but there was a storm and I lost it when the power went out. Now I think I'll do this in parts like my friend Rich

I've been crying all week. I finished college and Graduation was Saturday. I keep thinking about the sacrifice that my family has made. It's not the big things, but all of the little things. I tried to stay on top of motherhood and school work, but I always felt like everything depended on my performance. I felt like I was juggling sharp ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. teacher blog - praxis results

I've been putting off this blog, the next about becoming a teacher. I had to take a big test last month and I have to pass it before I can begin my student teaching. I mentioned that I have test anxiety so I've been really concerned.

On test day I left the house three hours early to drive the half hour to the community college that is the testing center. I didn't want have to worry about having a flat or being late. I stopped at wal-mart and then I read a book in the parking lot ...

Updated 12-14-2009 at 12:45 AM by motherhubbard

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A blog about becoming a teacher

A blog about becoming a teacher

It's a little strange, almost surreal, right now. All I was ever going to be was a stay home mom. Getting an education and working toward a career is not something I imagined myself doing. I've decided to start a blog about becoming a teacher. I thought it might be interesting to tell about the things I see and experience during the next eighteen months or so. During this time I will be taking test, student teaching, becoming licensed, and going ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. MH family and farm update

I really have so much to tell about that I don't even know where to start. It's been a while since I blogged about my little farm and family. We've had a busy and productive summer.

We have had very bad luck with our bunnies in the past. The babies die after just a few days. We did some research and found that our nesting boxes were too small. My husband built me some new boxes and now we have around ten babies that! They will be a week old tomorrow. I have to say that they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Lilly- Poor but generous

Lilly had nine children. Rena Joe, the fourth, strongly resembled the sixth child. Before she died her kids asked about looking different than the others. She said, “Well, that boy 'us back in town. Ya know, womens want some jus' a same as mens.” Many Lilly stories are sexual, very sexual. I would love to figure out how to go about telling them. I wish everyone could have known this lady.

Nine children means dozens of grand children. My friend, Lilly's granddaughter, is one ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast