Blog Comments

Congratulations! You should join Tutors 4 Teachers Certification, I hear they are always looking for high test passers!
    I love the company! They only hire state certified teachers and college professors who teach state certified teachers.

Check it out! They helped me!
    www.tutors4teacherscert.com
    Klimt. My favorite

Thanks
    Hya, one question... is that Klimt or Van Gogh painting? Some of our teachers are definitely cool, others can't even be called bearable. I'm sure your to cool for school though
    LOL, they only yell at engineers when something breaks or doesn't work.
    You bring up an excellent point MH -- I've often proposed in meetings with my colleagues and administrators that teachers should have some sort of rumpus theme song, and an audio/visual assistant who, prepares the classroom before the teacher enters. This assistant would dim the lights, set up some strobes or glittery stuff, then start the teachers theme song to amp up the class -- NBA or professional wrestling style.

Imagine it!

The kids go wild! They cheer! They shout! It's all you can do to calm their energy for learning!

Yes. . . the teacher is most defiantly a rock star. . .with out the rock and roll, unfortunately. Unless my proposal ever gets taken up.
    And a conductor too! Perk, I can't say I agree.
    That is a perk, isn't it?
    Don't lose heart M-H. The first year of any job is the toughest. And dealing with students in front of a classroom is particularly stressful. You'll get better at it and used to it, I'm sure. Hang in there. I know you can do it.
    I hear you loud and clear! My heart is with you.
    I miss reading your blogs. Hopefully you'll get better at juggling it all. And there's summer.

Spring is the worst for me. From the end of March on it's just a brutal slog to the last day of school.
    Hey good to see you here. I've been hit and miss myself these days. Hope all goes well and things settle down for you.
    For me, the couple of weeks in December is the hardest.

Good luck for Wednesday and all the best, MH.

We do miss reading your posts!
    The run to Thanksgiving break, for me anyway, is the toughest of the school year, MH. You'll get there!
    Good luck next week.
    Hoping all goes well for you next week
    Ajigaba is really cool and it sounds like it's Kazak. Maybe I should use it out here and see if it's equally magic for me. It doesn't seem to me that jigaboo sounds anywhere like Ajigaba. I can't see how he would confuse the two.
    I love the things kids come up with :)

I wasn't familiar with jigaboo until a couple of years ago myself. I still don't really get it, but then I suppose it is enough that I know not to use it. It is always hard to try and explain to little ones why people are the way they are. It makes it worse when your house is not like that, and they're not raised to think like that.
    Congrats! Having a "room of one's own" and a paycheck? Priceless!
    Good luck, MH!
    Looking forward to see how it goes.
Page 1 of 61 1234561151 ... LastLast