Blog Comments

I don't think I can add to all that's been wonderfully said already. Just that it's not your flaw Steph, it's your parents. And by the way, congratulations! Those are major accomplishments. I'm proud of you.
    Sometimes I ache with pride, just to see my kids. They don't have to actually acheive anything.

I'm sure they are proud of you, but showing it is hard for some people.
    Well, if you guys make it to Dallas, and you feel like letting me know, I'll come watch you dance.

As a parent, my heart aches for you. I always try to be present emotionally for my kids (my youngest son is a little older than you), and if I didn't quite manage it, it was painful to see that I had disppointed them.

As Rich said, be at peace, as much as you can.

It's kind of amazing you're as well-adjusted as you are, as your parents seem to be struggling a bit themselves.
    I'm sorry Steph. That could have been a magical moment. I think it's important for you to know that YOU got a part and found a bloodline and should take the pleasure of the accomplishment and savor the joy of accomplishment. It has and IS taking me years to realize that all the wishing in the world won;t change a person if THEY don;t the necessity for it. My parents loved me BUT were incredibly insensitive to any feelings, dreams, opinions and what have you. They truly believed we kids were to be seen and not heard. When kicked out of the nest they presumed I'ld survive--I got very very little help or encouragement after that. So there it is. Do I moan and groan forver (yes often) about it or accpet it as a character building opportunity and just recognize it as an unaccounted blessing. Theror loss (and mine) but I can choose to not let it cripple me further. Often in my thoughts. Heal and be at peace. Your parents nned oyur prayers and for YOUR sake attempt to love them anyway. I would hate to see you become bitter.
    You are not a terrible daughter. Your parents are out of order. They can't see what they are doing. How wrong they are. They don't see they won't have another Stephanie to watch grow up. How bad It's THEIR mistake.
    Thanks Quim, our insturctor is actualy looking at getting somewhere in dallas to preform it for a night I really hope she can. And I am proud its just I wish they cared about something that I cared about. And I'll try for that video. is either late may or early june
    Your parents have just slept through the single most important opportunity they will ever have. What a moment! I hope YOU are bursting with pride, Stephanie; what you have accomplished is amazing!

I can hardly wait to hear about the dance, and maybe even see a video. Keep us posted.
    ok
    I think I know what to say now:
    Happiness shouldn't fade
    It may well cascade
    over burning tears....

(... to be continued... or reshaped)

(I wanna extend it a bit more... when it's done I'll tell you )
    Maybe one day, who knows. For now I get my comfort on slightly different shores, or dreaming of them
    Well maxi, I hope you find comfort in it one day. I personaly believe on the lines of mtpspur
    Okay... but I didn't really mean to twist anything. Actually it was a comment absolutely inspired by your poem, which I insist to like a lot. Of course you don't have to believe me. It wouldn't be the first time I'm distrusted. Anyways, I still believe it's a great thing.
    Thank you max. It was wrote a while back. Just now having the guts to share it. Do not bring what happened away from litnet, to litnet, please. You are twisting words.
    "People go and never stay". That is so true. I can't remember any single person willing to stay long. And I have a pretty good memory for that. It occurs to me that it has to do with "we should go, before we get caught...", which is very true as well. These 2 lines, having what I think is a tight connection, would make a very wonderful poem I hope to read someday
    Put me down,
    It doesn’t matter
    Ill sink and drown

(...)

Hope will go
    At least for me

(...)

Self-pitying maybe? Just a question. I guess self-pity can happen even when we can't accept it when it comes from others, and I'm not saying I disagree. I really like it a whole awful lot, as usual.
    I wish I knew what to say. I'm out of words at this moment. I just wanted to say I read it.
    With all due respect for mtpspur's beliefs, who seems a really nice person, I have never encountered a single sense of relief in holy writings of any kind. However that's just me. Maybe, for me, what's been put to words is not enough compared to what's been put to facts.
    thank you mtpspur. I will try it
    Disagree on the anger -- I thought sadness and self-awareness. Strongly recommend reading thru the Psalms for peace of mind.
    How sharply poignant