Blog Comments

Seems we'll be waiting...
    Take care of yourself Steph. Some days I hate computers :sick:
    thank you max, I can always count on you for kind words.
    thank you mtpspur and bien
    I neglected to comment on the poem itself. Sorry. The structure is very intriguing, chaining one verse with the following by chaining the last word of each with the first word of the next, until conforming a train of ideas. Exquisite, IMHO. Stephanie knows how to grab the audience's attention
    Hang in there Steph. Hoping for brighter times for you. On the other hand it is good to let it out sometimes.
    I love the format...
    ...deeply entrenched in negative reality!
    No innocence flees forever if the child grabs a piece of it for herself, though it can't be done on her own. There has to be someone accompanying, or no damage will ever sustain a chance to be repaired.

There can be a better tomorrow, if the child lets a certain hand to grab hers. Walking hand in hand with someone else makes the walk less painful... still unforgettable... but more bearable.

The child needs to give herself another chance, but trying something she never tried before... the opposite to what she's used to. Exactly the opposite. That's the hope that still remains.
    That may soon change, stephweet bear I love you too
    I understand there's a place without preys and victims. For that to happen, such a place should lack hunters and victimizers. I take it they call it paradise. I don't have its location, but I'm determined to find it, and when I do, I will give the coordinates to certain people... maybe even give 'em a ride there
    that is true, i love you maxi bear. your so poetic even though you never post anything by you...hint...hint...
    This is not good. It's not even pretty.... It's... It's... SO DEEPLY PERFECT (although some may say that was a biased remark, it wasn't... and it was )

I will point out a few notes. I would say that fate doesn't have to be necessarily fixed. It can be changed... by chance. I mean, by the chances we take instead of letting them go. Much like "I met this person. I won't let them go, cause if I do, I'm not likely to have another... chance", and thus you'd be shaping a particular part of your fate. My humble comment and opinion

One more thing: I've seen gifts coming from below... and curses coming from above. Not everything is what it seems, until it stops seeming... and starts being
    Kilted. I know little about that side of the familys history I know that that is where they are from. if the correct term is acadian forgive me for being in the wrong on my own blog. I think everyone understood what I was trying to say.
    M'kmaq is such a cute word. I don't know anything about the Mi'kmaq Indians, but I found this on the magical, wonderful, internet about Rita Joe, poet laureate of the Mi'lmaqs:

http://www.poetrymap.ca/profile.php?PoetID=27
    I'm 1/8th Mi'kmaq, but I'm completely out of touch with my native heritage. I never knew my great grandmother and we've always been culturally a thoroughly WASPish family. The only thing I've noticeably inherited from my native ancestors is lactose intolerance.

We had a lot of redheads in my family. My maternal grandmother (Anglo-Irish) and my father (mostly Scott) were both redheads. Luckily I dodged a bullet and my brother got the ginger genes instead of me. No offense to the gingers
    Thank you Niamh
    I know lots of people with straight noses. but more with button noses.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight
    depends on what you say maxi, but at times yes. I think you tell me what you think I want to hear.
    I will tell you what I think and you will hear. This subject deserves a proper more personal conversation. Now, I've been meditating about
    Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight
    im half cherokee 1/4 noviscotian and 1/4 irish
    and it explains a lot. Now, you may wonder "what lot" I'm talking about, and you will know, also on a proper conversation
    It sounds like fun. I would love all that stuff. Except the camping out part. That would be fun sometimes. I don't know about all the time.
    qimissung, its amazing it is so much fun. We learn to do things the old way. we have tradiotional music and learn/teach the old dances of prayer. its a beautiful time of harmony with nature. I always come home refreshed and relaxed. Except for the time yellow fawn tried to teach me how to make a straw basket... IT got thrown into the fire...
    depends on what you say maxi, but at times yes. I think you tell me what you think I want to hear.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast