Blog Comments

Sleep walking was just a wild guess but had to be at least considered. Used to be an old staple on B movies and dime novels. I'm out of ideas except prayer for peace of mind.
    Thanks for all th information-
    Regarding sleep walking I know that's notthe case because I have a waterbed an the movement would wake me up or it would be moving when I wake up having laid down, also have tried the camera I'll post a video soon an you can clealy see I'm not moving but you can hear the voice. It's creepy.

I try not to worry about it but it makes me paranoid to go to sleep-everytime it seems to get stronger and I fully believe it wants to hurt me.
    Eeeyahhh! If I had a dream like that I’d never sleep again. Before if I had a scary dream or got frightened in bed I’d hug a teddy bear, even in my teens. Now however I’ve thrown the teddies into a corner so I sleep with a sword over my bed instead and if I get frightened I put it in the bed with me, I find it soothing though I think it gives me slightly crazier dreams. (Don’t worry, it’s not a real sword, it’s made of wood, I got it because it’s cool and to fend of burglars and the like (which are the things that I normally think about when I go to bed and then get paranoid about (burglars, murderers and serial rapists, demons and/or ghosts))). Really the sword is just for peace of mind, like a security blanket I guess. Point of this? Maybe if you believe in something that you think will protect you (doesn’t have to be a sword, can be anything that gives you courage and/or comfort) and keep it with you maybe you’ll feel better and won’t worry about bad things happening. Just a thought.
    Interesting and scary, Steph - you may do an injury.

You might invest in a movement activated camera to check, but it's probably what you suspect - otherwise get a piece of string tied not too tight to your ankle and a tin can with marbles in it - it may wake you if you walk a little distance and then you'll know

Do you have a lot of waking worries? Might contribute to it

The thing with recurring nightmares is that people who tend to muse over them also tend to have them - recurring, that is

Failing everything else - garlic on the doorknob?
    Sounds like a cross between the Red Death (ref Phantom of the Opera and Edgar Allen Poe) and the Grim Reaper. If I may am half wondering if by chance you might be sleepwalking--to explain the cuts and moved items. Recurring nightmares are part of my life--I rotate three variations of them on a regular basis. I FINALLY prayed about it and NOW the rotation is greately reduced BUT they have been replaced by dreams that have gotten weirder and actually a bit more frightening. Anyway hang in there --we'll both have peace of mind someday.
    You haven't seen it stained, but thank you. I feel yours is better though ♥
    Thank you rich, and max I'm at a loss for words you have such a beautiful soul
    Thank you, qimi.
    That's a powerful, tribute itself, Max. Your friendship is a beautiful thing.
    From the point of view of a Christian, I think it's very well put and clear. I don't think it's depersonalized, because in many ways you make clear references to yourself and your past, which is not wrong in itself, and if you fear anyone should ever use this info against you, bear in mind that people may always use whatever against you, be it bad or good.
    As Stephanie surely knows already, my system of beliefs is completely opposite from what I've just read. However, such fact can't stop me from respecting how Steph puts her beliefs in words, and how fiercely she seems to be bonded to them, which is in itself a very remarkable attribute in a person.
    I think Juilliard lost a hell of a dancer, and the Dragonfly squad lost a hell of a CAG, but if in believing what you've chosen to believe you have found a sort of relief, then it's good, and if in transmitting what you believe to others you notice they find a sort of relief, then it should be good for both you and others who have gone through similar experiences.
    I will always admire, respect and love the author of this blog and her tenacity to put her feelings and thoughts into words. It doesn't really matter if I can't agree in everything. What really matters, in my humble opinion, is that somehow I feel I came to know a portion of the Stephanie within Stephanie, which should be better than knowing nothing ♥
    Updated 12-12-2010 at 03:46 AM by Maximilianus (typo)
    Now this is written upon returning from the memorial service of my best friend. I have reason to believe he is with the Lord. Much more reason then I believe my own father to be there as well. I do not nor ever have believed that. I would to throw out most of the Bible for that to be a truth. Now my mother--maybe but again doubt is much upon me.

So my mood is mellow and prone to sympathy right now. You have always had that from me I believe. For someone that did not wish to expose themselves to freely oyu did a fine job of opening up yourself despite that. I have always felt better to admit the scars are there then pretend to a false peace. I believe God is bringing you to Him closer every day. By showing you how usatisfacotry life is when He is not in the equation. My hope and prayer for oyu now is that oyu start to enjoy being with the Lord and realizing just how much he is truly intersted in oyur happieness and His glory in your redemption. Tht thing I felt oyur testimony laced was the Lord Christ--He suffered all the things that freah is prone too, hunger, weariness, toil, distruct, rejection. His life is proof that we don;t have to be slaves to sin. It will toruble us all our days but we can be blamesless before the Lord in Him. Be at peace Steph. And call me Rich--Mtpspur is just a nickname.
    I think you say enough. It's pretty raw as it is.
    Not damned at all, no more explanations of this word's meaning are needed, since its meaning has been finally understood. It's really good to have one problem less and one meaning more. Congrats.
    Just a guess, but maybe you're trying too hard. Enjoy life and don't expect too much. Just my humble opinion.
    If there's a field where humanity has excelled, that is concept invention. We invent concepts like happy, love, care, affection, interest, fun, sad, depression and what not, just because we are good at it. We are a bunch of experts at word making. Then we ponder on what they really mean, and we have no clue. Then again, mayhap we are confused, and mayhap, just mayhap, we are happy, but we just believe (or prefer to believe) we are not.

It would seem to me that I don't know what happy is, but of course, I might be wrong.
    Welcome!
    Thank You.
    Nice poem. Sweet and honest enough to mend a broken heart.
    You and me both
    You can...
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast