Blog Comments

How exquisite, Steph.
    Loved it. :-)
    Your little girl must be 4 years old now, come August! Enjoy! Don't blink!
    Good last line....and I like "illuminated darkness"
    *sigh* It is odd to feel like an old timer. Even more odd to realize that "I'll log in tomorrow" goes on for 7 months. Sorry about that! He is a mess for sure.
    That is really well written, Steph! It's also really good to see one of the old timers around (although odd to think of you as an old timer at the ripe, ahem, old age of 23. Your son sounds adorable, you sound content, all is right with the world. It's actually not very easy being a stay at home mom. I think it requires some specials kills and a tremendous amount of patience-and amusement-and a willingness to let things be what they are.

Enjoy him so hard! The time really does fly, and they are small for such a short time.
    Yes, congratulations Steph! Show us a picture of the little one when he/she arrives. Babies are such a joy.
    Congratulations! Much luck and joy in your future.
    Congratulations, Steph. When did you get married? You have been busy-and you have so much to be happy about, and so, so much to look forward too.
    I wish good things for you. This is a special time. I hope you enjoy every moment, also.
    Despite a few grammatical mistakes, it looks like a nice love poem. However, this entry was written by Stephanie more than a year ago to speak about an apparition experienced in the place where she was living at the time, so I would say that one thing seems unrelated to the other.
    If you want to make your poem known and get more views and comments, you may consider posting it in the Personal Poetry section of the forum. That section is more visited than the blogs, at least for poem-publishing purposes.
    Is this a ghost?
    Visit to see ghost or Shadow man---
    "http://124knowledge.blogspot.com/2012/05/poetry-bear-in-mind.html"
    First, I will say you are not alone. Without a doubt. Second, I randomly selected a fortune from my stash of fortune cookie fortunes which is a little fitting I think "Everything in life is luck". Third, there is nothing a person cannot do when they have conviction. If you're unlucky then change it. If you want to be something then go for it. You know, this might have more impact if I were someone who's done something with her life. I'm only 23 but I feel like an old woman. My cousin who is 2 years younger than me had a baby last year, I am unbelievably jealous especially since relationships for me are pretty much nonexistent. Since I finished uni everyone in my family expects me to do something and I'm getting pretty ashamed that I haven't even looked for a job (I'm not competing to see who has it worse, just trying to show that I can understand, at least a little, of how you feel). And fourth I say that ranting in a blog is exactly what a blog is for . If you fall down and no one is there to pick you up you feel even worse but if someone reaches out a hand to you, even if it's someone you've never met and are never likely to meet, you feel that you can keep going. That's how I feel anyway. I apologise for this long and probably pointless comment, it's 4am my mind is pretty hazy. i hope at least some of this is even just a little helpful.
    Hope you feel better Steph.
    One more thing. If you need to rant and you feel you can't rant on anyone, then rant on me
    You are not a mistake. You may be repeating the same mistakes you often make over and over again, but you are not a mistake yourself. Most of the times I would agree on life being pointless, but I have recently discovered one thing in life that seems to make some sense and I will try to put it simple.

"When everything/everyone tells us to stay where we are is when we have to walk another way."

There are changes that may change your life forever and for the better. There are changes that seem to make a difference, like a few ones I'm having now. They may be small, but slowly playing their part. And if the gods reject you, I know of someone who won't, and you should know who this person is. And if the devils chase you, this person will do what has to be done in such case. Sometimes we have to stop running, and start walking the opposite way. Just give it a thought for a while.
    I mostly believe in nothing, including gods, devils and even people. However, for some reason I can't quite explain, a few of these stories about haunted houses seem to make some sense to me. I am particularly remembering this case of the Amityville house, which some people believe to be true while others claim it is a fake, and just to give an example that might sound familiar to a US citizen, because in fact these curious phenomena seem to happen everywhere... crosses upside down, guttural voices and such. Bluebiird might be right in that post, and probably the house is somehow haunted. Probably it has a gate to another dimension that needs to be locked by some kind of holy person with a holy key in a holy keyhole.

PS: just for the record, I'm not kidding. That's for happy people, so I meant what I said... just for the record. There are haunted places here in the south as well, which people seem to get really scared of.
    Some irrational thoughts if you don’t mind reading.
    1) You are the victim of an evil hypnotist. 2) You, or your place, are being haunted. 3) You’re being possessed by a demon.
    Some possible reasons? 1)You have powerful enemies. 2) You live above a burial ground of some kind. 3) You have somehow angered a malevolent spirit.
    Some irrational solutions.
    1) Investigate evil hypnotists. 2) Exorcism. 3) Make restitution to the being you have angered. 4) Line of salt along all points of entry, such as doors/windows (seen it in several supernatural dramas. Only keeps evil out, if it’s already in then it can’t escape). Alternatively keep some salt nearby since it can be used in exorcising/purifying malevolent spirits 5) Summon/request help from a higher being.
    Sorry, I tried being rational last time but then all these ideas kept popping into my head and I had to get them out. Blame the programs I watch.
    Jersea, its any room in THIS house and only to me-except on the occasion that my roomate will sleep in the same room as me she gets really sick, and swears she can feel something watching her-no I havent told her about the stuff I have going on.
    I second the endorsement of Qimi's comments. It sounds a lot like sleep paralysis to me, perhaps less like lucid dreaming as generally lucid dreamers know they're dreaming. My husband is a lucid dreamer, and it appears my son may have inherited the talent - they go flying in their sleep. I'm quite envious.

It's quite common for people to hallucinate just as they go to sleep and just as they're waking. I have been known to hallucinate on waking - generally I see insects, mainly spiders - and usually it only happens if I wake suddenly in the night. At the time they seem very real. Mostly it's a benign experience, but there have been times when I've found them quite frightening. Usually once I'm totally properly awake (and sometimes this means getting up and leaving the room) whatever I was seeing goes away. It's a strange time between sleeping and waking, when the conscious and unconscious aspects of our mind kind of merge. When I was a child I had a regular hallucination which involved visual and audible disturbances, and which also involved a strange taste in my mouth (Cheese Miners - don't ask!). I grew out of it, but it did used to occur quite often. It sounds awful (and it was at the time) but it's not uncommon.

If it's occurring regularly, and becoming a problem, you really ought to see a doctor. It may be that you need to adjust your diet, or you may be suffering from underlying stress which is causing these events to occur. Always best to get it checked out if you're worried.
    It makes awful sense what Qimi suggested. You can also consider; does this happen just in this room? What happens when you sleep in an alternative setting? Creepy...
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast