View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Kissed By An Angel?

by , 03-17-2019 at 06:51 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Running around today, I bumped into an old friend of mine. And her husband.

I last saw her five years ago, when she and her husband moved 500 miles away.

So it was a pleasure indeed, to see her. She was more my acquaintance than her husband, by the way.

In any case, it was so lovely to see her! She had settled into a new job and new home so far away, and was doing well... But: her husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor in the meantime ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Woman In The Fur Coat

by , 03-05-2019 at 06:58 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)

After an extensive one and a half hours of practicing (yes, on a Grand Piano!), I paused and went outside the building to indulge in a cigarette. I am deeply stressed, as I have ten pages of music to master prior to Sunday. Three pages are going really well, but that remaining seven is exhausting.... *sigh* … Time for a smoke break, I thought...

So, as I was standing there, well away from the entrance to the building, god forbid that a smoker is anywhere near a door entrance
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Another Week In The Life Of A Pianist

by , 10-30-2018 at 06:02 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Woo, another very busy week in the life of a pianist.

This weekend I have the privilege of playing with a band, ten music pieces need to be played.

There will be a trombonist, a trumpet player, a drummer, a bass player and a lead guitar (12-string acoustic … and damn he is good). As well, a singer, who I have met and worked with before … *phew* … (singers can be nightmares, believe me).

I am familiar with a few of the pieces, but there are three pieces ...
  4. Piano Performance, Birthday, etc....

by , 07-30-2018 at 10:04 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Piano Performance, Birthday, etc....

Played an epic piano solo piece for an event yesterday - an absolutely brilliant version of "On Eagles' Wings" (I got the piece from the internet). Here is a YouTube of said piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AixEC_kJlik

I had fervently practiced this till my hands were sore. But my goodness, SO worth it! With such exquisite music, I really wanted to do my very best. And, everything went extremely well! Yayness! And
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Week In The Life Of A Musician

by , 05-05-2018 at 09:29 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    I got a call on Monday, April 30th around noon. Would I be available on Saturday, May 5th at 3:00 p.m. to play at a funeral. Yes, I was available. No music selections had been decided upon at that time, however the musician must play music prior to the Service, as well as after the Service, when people are filing out. So I gathered my music and headed to the church where the funeral would be held and commenced working. It was a grand piano, so no problem there! Worked for three hours and headed ...

Updated 05-05-2018 at 09:31 AM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast