View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Oh, a little of this and a little of that. Yeah, that is moi, Karalynne Ducharme of the wheatfields of Canada. Thanks for stopping by!

1. The Art of Ron Mueck

by , 03-27-2007 at 12:45 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    I have just had the pleasure of viewing (in the comfort of my own little home, via my beloved internet, lol) some incredible sculptures created by someone who, up till now, I had never heard of.

These sculptures are amazingly lifelike, made of silicone and mixed media. In accordance with Wikipedia, ..."Mueck's sculptures faithfully reproduce the minute detail of the human body, but play with scale to produce disconcertingly jarring visual images..."

Indeed, ...
    Categories
  2. The Boy

by , 03-26-2007 at 07:05 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    I was in a supermarket today and something unfolded right before my very eyes as I was paying....

In a hallway of the supermarket, walking by loudly, was a young woman and a whole kaboodle of kids, maybe not all were hers, but she was (or seemed to be) in charge. Now a brigade of kids with a mom is not what caused me to focus in on the scene, it was this pleading sound of a young boy's voice that pulled at my heart-strings. He was a young man of about seven years (it looked like
    Categories
  3. Losing Your Muse?!

by , 03-26-2007 at 06:51 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Sigh... this may sound corny, but anyhow, has anyone ever felt like they view life from a writer's eyes? As in, you see things unfolding before you and great descriptions come to mind... a cast of characters illuminates your cerebrum (or is it cerebellum... no matter), and you begin to imagine the different scenarios that HAVE taken place and those that will likely take place...

I really hate it when I get a gazillion ideas from god knows where, then I sit down at the computer and
    Categories
  4. Art Once More

by , 03-24-2007 at 12:18 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Well, I mentioned in another entry that I liked Monet, and I want to post my favorite two paintings of his. This was not easy task, to chose a favorite of Monet's -- as all his art is so pleasing to the eye. But nonetheless, here are The Magpie and The Cart.

THE MAGPIE

THE CART ...
    Categories
  5. ** Drum Roll **

by , 03-23-2007 at 11:53 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . . .

PEPPER and Moi !

I learned all about photobucket and how to copy the IMG tag (or whatever the terms are, lol) from our friend Kathycf, so thank you so very much for you patience with us 'newbies'. You have great explanations that are so easy to follow! Yay!

WHY does Pepper have a baby bonnet on? Well,
    Categories