View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Oh, a little of this and a little of that. Yeah, that is moi, Karalynne Ducharme of the wheatfields of Canada. Thanks for stopping by!

1. Funeral For A Friend

by , 10-23-2017 at 07:15 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    No, this entry has NOTHING to do with Sir Elton John's music ....

One of the most difficult things that I have to contend with, as a musician, is performing music for someone close to me at life's end.

On Friday past, I played music for a friend. She succumbed to the horrid Cancer.... how her battle went on... She left to mourn her identical twin sister, her brother, her parents, her extended family...her friends....

It was piano music, played on

Updated 10-23-2017 at 07:30 PM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. To All Nerds Out There

by , 09-19-2017 at 03:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    LoL! I must have time on my hands today.

Anyhow, I did a Google Search on "what is a nerd". I was given several dictionary definitions of said word, amongst a very long list of internet places to visit to get a feel for this 'affliction' if you will.

Nonetheless, in my perspective, growing up, you were a NERD if you:

- did not attend the local school's dances
    - attended the dances without a date
    - visited your grandma
  3. Going Gluten Free?

by , 09-17-2017 at 02:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Well, haven't visited my own Blog for how many years???

In any case, my hubby has decided that he would like to try going Gluten Free for a while, just to see if he feels better. He is not sick or anything, but he has this idea that going gluten-free will make him feel more energetic, etc.

*sigh*

[Note that our freezer is full of stuff that is certainly NOT gluten-free: i.e. breaded fish, Tourtiere (French meat pie), etc. etc.]

In any

Updated 09-17-2017 at 04:57 PM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Visit To France, Part One

by , 06-17-2009 at 03:52 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    I was in Europe for the first week of June and am just getting around to blogging about it now. My husband had business in Ireland and in England and I wasn't able to go the previous week with him, but met him in London on May 31st. He had to work the first couple of days I was there, but that was ok, I had been to London before and knew exactly what shops, parks, etc., that I HAD to go and re-visit, so that was grrrrrreat!

On the Wednesday, we took the Eurostar train through the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Chatter From The Prairie Dawg

by , 05-20-2009 at 03:37 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    It's been a while.

Anyhow, what's up in my world is that I have devoted a LOT more time to my piano practicing, and it is paying off. The pieces that I used to play with ease have slowly come back to me. There's an old saying -- if ya don't use it, ya lose it. And I had got to thinking about how much I enjoyed playing piano, and the challenge of learning a new piece, so yeah ... I have caught up with my Chopin, Bach, etc., and learned the Second Movement of Beethoven's Pathétique
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast