Blog Comments

So sad...
    that inspired me in many ways
    You are more than welcome. I expect that even you have days when screaming at someone is the best to way to improve your mood.
    Ha ha, oh Peter, you made me laff at the whole stupid scenario! Thanks for your input, so refreshing indeed!
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I think it is clear, even without seeing her that she felt like yelling at someone, and you appeared to be her target, magically appearing on the empty beach. I don't often do that, but I used to have a list of companies that had screwed up that I might get back at, when I felt like telling someone off. I can't describe how good was to get a cold sales call on one of those days;it improved my mood immensely.
    Here I will share an academic work Saving Humanity on humans’ survival and development written by the anthropologist Hu Jiaqi. Details can be seen in the following report.
    https://www.1170kfaq.com/story/39742768/preface-to-saving-humanity-of-eminent-anthropologist-hu-jiaqi-responsibilities-of-human-individuals-jiaqi-hu
    You must be a marvelous piano player Kiz. You'll do great.
    Thank you so much, TS!
    Wonderful ! and Happy Birthday !!! Prayers and best wishes for your friend in Venezuela.......

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    Thank-you, tailor and desiresjab, for your feedback.
    They really worked you out. I am always amazed at the amount of good music I am not familiar with.
    Busy week... Kudos !!!

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    A very vague one and not exactly a list. I would love to travel to several countries of South America and Europe.
    I also subscribe to item 5. of Manicheamīs list!
    Hey Danik, no problem. Blogs are for conversation, too.
    What about you? Do you have a Bucket List?
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN
    If you Google "life expectancy" you will find there a formula that roughly determines how long you have got before you kick the bucket ( e.g. current age, smoker status, any heart problems, exercise status, weight, height, waist measurement etc).

In my case it appears that I can look forward to another 9 years.

Thus in order to answer your original question, my bucket list is as follows:

1. To graduate beyond short story writing & come up with a book I can be proud of.
    2. Learn how to cook a biriani dish.
    3. Holidays in: Palermo, Istanbul, Kerala & Rio. I already got Athens & Bangkok off my list last year.
    4. To outlive Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones. We are both originally from London, went to the same university, and have only one month difference in age.
    5. To love and laugh and cry until the very end.
    6. To be buried at sea in a gold coffin, thereby overcoming the saying that " You can't take it with you."
    Thank you, MANICHAEAN, for your thoughts. Great list, and I had to chuckle at that last one! *smiles*
    I see you got the idea, Manichean.
    I know you are used to all kinds of scenarios, but even the people from Rio arenīt used to whatīs happening there now.
    Regards,
    Danik
    Thanks for the warning Danik.

Perhaps its because I've worked, or visited some rather dangerous places, ( Saudi, South Africa, Papua New Guinea) over the years, that I actually get a kick from it. Having to be more streetwise and sharpen up your senses makes me feel more alive. It also improves your writing!!

Even holiday wise, I prefer places like Kingston, Jamaica that are vibrant and have an undercurrent of danger, as opposed to some dull beach in Spain. In Rio I would limit myself to where I felt comfortable, and certainly would not walk around like a tourist flashing money and wearing expensive watches, rings etc.
    Sorry to intrude, Kiz!

But unless you court danger, I suggest you postpone Rio in your list.
    Itīs presently under military intervention with lots of shooting on the streets going on.
    Regards,
    Danik
    Updated 04-30-2018 at 10:18 PM by Danik 2016
    If you Google "life expectancy" you will find there a formula that roughly determines how long you have got before you kick the bucket ( e.g. current age, smoker status, any heart problems, exercise status, weight, height, waist measurement etc).

In my case it appears that I can look forward to another 9 years.

Thus in order to answer your original question, my bucket list is as follows:

1. To graduate beyond short story writing & come up with a book I can be proud of.
    2. Learn how to cook a biriani dish.
    3. Holidays in: Palermo, Istanbul, Kerala & Rio. I already got Athens & Bangkok off my list last year.
    4. To outlive Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones. We are both originally from London, went to the same university, and have only one month difference in age.
    5. To love and laugh and cry until the very end.
    6. To be buried at sea in a gold coffin, thereby overcoming the saying that " You can't take it with you."
    Why thank-you, MANICHAEAN, for taking the time to read/comment on this blog entry.
    Yes, my girl friend had a 'very fine neck' indeed (I never knew till you told us that here in your comment!), lolol!!
Page 1 of 72 1234561151 ... LastLast