Blog Comments

That sucks :\

My grandma was diagnosed with cancer over thirty years ago.
    It's now spread to her lungs and will either head to her brain or bones. Sad stuff.
    Thanks, Andya and Shal. Everyone has been so supportive and I really appreciate all you guys.
    We actually did get another car. My fam helped me pay for it.
    And Virg, I have no clue about the tires. I've never checked them. But it wasn't my car; it was the family car. I'll ask and see if anyone else had checked them. My bro is usually on top of those kinds of things.
    Weisy, I had meant to ask but forgot. How old were your tires that you hydroplaned? Had you checked them recently? One thing young drivers forget to do (and lots of older drivers too I'm afraid) is check their tires frequently, for even wear and tire pressure.
    When I read this my stomach started to hurt, just thinking about the first wreck. That does suck and all I can say is that I am glad that it didn't turn out as bad as it could have. I am glad there were no serious injuries or worse. Although, job hunting sans car is rather problematic. Sounds like the next few months or so are going to be "grin and bear it."
    oh, weis, I'm so sorry. That really stinks . I'm glad you're ok, though.
    Thanks, guys.
    And just to clarify, when I said we don't have insurance I didn't mean to say that we don't have any insurance. We have liability (which will cover the camry). We just don't have insurance to cover our car. So we're legal.
    And I know things will get better. Guess I just gotta keep reminding myself.
    I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt in the accident...either of them. That really was a rough week. I say you win the worst week award for 11-21. Things will turn around for you and I'm sure it will be soon.
    I need to very very gently advise you to check on your driving privileges (in Ohio driving without insurance gets you a revoked license) soI want you prepared in case THAT shoe drops. Perhaps your grand-father's policy will cover you on the camry--check that also. We had our car totaled in 1985 and life got interesting for awhile. My sister does home care for patients that pretty much are preparing for the next whelm so my sympathies for your loss. Good to know there are nice people out there to take care of them in their last days. Hopefully the upcoming weeks will be brighter.
    These things come in threes? Thank your lucky stars you aren't hurt!
    That's really ****ty... good luck, hope things get better soon.
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear about all of this. But at least you are alright! Well, a lot has been going on with me (and others that I know). It just seems that the bad things never seem to stop. I was talking about things that are going on in life with my voice teacher and she said "I guess they are right". I said "What do you mean?" She said "It does seem that when it rains it really does pour". My brother always says that when things go wrong it seems that things need to get worse before getting better. Doesn't sound too promising, does it? But basically, he is saying that things will get better. Just give it time. I am sure that it couldn't get any worse for you. Good luck!
    Poor Weisy. That is absolutely horrendous. Take a deep breath and relax. I know it's been hard. It won't always be like this. Things will blow over and settle down. I remember when I was a young driver I went through a couple of incidents. Never this bad, but still it seemed like the world was ending. Don't lose confidence in yourself. I wish you the very best.
    I think what you said about your grandmother was very nice. Sudden deaths are harder on the family but easier on the sick person. My grandmother had a long battle with cancer. She really suffered. It would have been so much easier on her to have passed more quickly. I’m sorry that you lost someone so special to you.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. Though it's extremely hard to lose her so suddenly, we are all grateful that she didn't have to suffer for very long.
    I'm so sorry to read this! Just remember she is now free of pain, and will be looking after you always with other angels. http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...issima/Hug.jpg
    I'm sorry for your loss. On the one hand, it was very sudden and a shock, given that you just found out that she had cancer. It seems like the sudden shock would be harder on the family than if there was a long drawn out illness. On the other hand, at least she didn't spend months sick, going through harsh treatments. Last year, my grandmother and grandfather died within a week of each other, but they had been sick for years. Cancer then kidney disease, then strokes. I remember visiting them in the hospital and they looked so worn out. When they did die, it wasn't a huge shock, and I had months to kind of prepare myself for it and spend time with them knowing that it would be one of the last times if not the last time I saw them. Hopefully you can find some comfort in the fact that she didn't have to spend too much time dealing with the cancer. And again, I am so sorry for your loss. My grandparents really meant a lot to me, so I know it's hard.
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My condolences to you and your family. Your grandmother will always be with you in your heart.
    Oh that is sad Weisy. I'm sorry to hear that. She must have been a wonderful person. I hope she lived a good life and is now in a better place. And you were very elequent. It was touching. You did her proud.
    I am very sorry for your loss, Weisinheimer.
    You have done well by your grand-mother's memory. The love you bear here shined thru I assure you. Grieve well and be at peace with God and keep your memories safe.
    I love babysitting, too. sounds like you had a lot of fun!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast