View RSS Feed

Whatever

I'm not much of a blogger. Every once in a while I get the urge to post something in here, usually when something bad happens.

1. When life takes a turn for the worst

The last week or so has been rather nightmarish. One thing after another. Now I'm bracing myself for the next horrible thing to happen.
    Last Thursday I was in my first car accident. I was driving on the highway in the pouring rain. I don't remember how fast I was going, definitely no faster than 65, probably more like 55 or 60. Whatever it was, it was too fast. I hydroplaned and swerved onto the median and hit the guardrail head-on. My brother was with me. After awhile, ambulances and firetrucks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. For Grandma

A bit ago I mentioned in the "How are you feeling today" thread that my Grandma was recently diagnosed with cancer.
    She died yesterday morning.

It was a huge shock. I mean, we just found out two weeks ago that she had cancer. She was in the hospital, but then she was released last week. The doctors had given a few months to a year. We knew it was serious but... no one was expecting this. This is the first first time anyone close to me has died. All the funerals ...
    Categories
  3. my best friend back

Many things happen so gradually that you don't notice them happening until it's over. You know, like kids growing up and stuff, you don't notice it until bam! the kid is taller than you are.
    Well, it was like that with my relationship with my brother, Dan. We were "best friends". We'd tell each other everything, do almost everything together. It was great. Sometimes, we'd stay up til, 2 or 3 in the morning, just talking. Whenever I had to do something I didn't want to, I could usually ...
    Categories
  4. depressing thoughts

"I do not understand what I do.
    For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do.
    For what I do is not the good I want to do;
    no, the evil I do not want to do --this I keep on doing."
    ~Romans 7:15,19
    These verses pretty much sum up my current state. I keep doing things I don't want to do. Not really evil things, just things that are stupid, immature, a waste of time. Things that don't really fit in with my ideals. And I procrastinate like crazy ...
    Categories
  5. cute kids

I babysat my cousins today. They are so cute! I especially like hanging out with the 18 month old. He makes the coolest noises. he growls, does this gurgling throat thing, and he whistles. Isn't that amazing? How many babies can whistle? I can barely whistle. And there is nothing like sitting in a rocking chair with a sleeping baby in your arms. So yeah, I like cute kids (when they aren't whining).
    Categories