View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Shakespeare's Measure of Civility

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Price View Post
    SILENCE

If gentleness is the quality of civility, acceptance of choice in the judge and allowance of choice in the judged is Shakespeare’s ultimate measure of civility.-W.G. Zeeveld, The Temper of Shakespeare’s Thought, Yale UP, London, 1974, p.257.

Listen to the silence of this garden
    in the early morning where the sun
    touches everything with its tint of gold.
    Birds fly high into the blue sky and their
    notes of song dance over this
  2. Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez(1927-2014): Notes on His Passing

SOLITUDE
    And The Frenzy of Renown

Part 1:

Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez(1927-2014) was a Columbian novelist, short-story writer, screenwriter and journalist. Considered one of the most significant authors of the 20th century, arguably the greatest writer in Spanish since Cervantes, he was awarded the 1972 Neustadt International Prize for Literature, and the 1982 the Nobel Prize in Literature. He died yesterday: 17/4/'14.

García Márquez ...
  3. Description of Ron Price's Blog at this Literature Network Forum

PIONEERING OVER FIVE EPOCHS

A. MY TYPE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING

1. Everything I do with other people online is part of my particular type of social networking. My social networking is associated with three basic activities: (a) the creation of a personal webpage that serves as a home base, a central hub, for my writing, for teaching and consolidation, for service and social activism, as well as for feedback from others---should they wish; (b) the creation of a detailed ...

Updated 04-11-2013 at 08:58 AM by Ron Price (to fine-tune some editing)

Categories
  4. A NEW LIFE AND A NEW LARA: Dr. Zhivago

A NEW LIFE AND A NEW LARA

Ten weeks after I had come to the firmest and most realistic of decisions I had yet made regarding my future career—the decision to become a primary school teacher--the film Dr. Zhivago was released. During my pre-adult life(1963-1944), I had wanted to be a bricklayer, a fireman and a professional baseball player--in that order. My career as a primary school teacher also proved unrealistic and was short-lived, although it proved to be much more realistic ...
    Categories
  5. Leonard da Vinci's Notebooks: An Inspiration

AN INTRODUCTION TO MY NOTEBOOKS

In his work from day to day Leonard da Vinci concentrated on one thing at a time and, while he concentrated on that one thing, that thing was the most important in the world. Not much got done in the short term because da Vinci seemed interested in everything but, over a lifetime, da Vinci accomplished many great things, albeit unfinished.

After his death Leonard da Vinci’s Notebooks were hidden away, scattered or lost. His wonderful ...

Updated 02-26-2012 at 12:08 AM by Ron Price (to add some words)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast