Blog Comments

Thank you all!

Becca SSSHHHHH!! I try to pretend that he doesn't...you don't see them when his HUGE forelock isn't braided...you should see him move though! The photos don't do him justice! Thank you though
    So sweet Classic. Too bad for the disappointment, but there will be other successes and accomplishments in the future for you. I know there will. He's a gorgeous horse.
    Hehehe Shadow has mule ears =)
    They're both beautiful. Obviously.
    Those who rescue horses are angels, literally. Nice work on him.
    Congratulations! It looks like you did a fantastic job with him
    There is nothing crazy about this. From the beginning of your day you can tell how it's going to be. It's pretty much up to your own human choice, but if i'm REALLY happy then no matter what happens on a day like that I'm gonna be happy. And if you are truly miserable, nothing will lift you out of that. And I think everyone gets those highs and lows and has their good days and bad days and good weeks and bad weeks and there isn't a single thing 'strange' about that. If anything it means maybe you are a more emotional or a more sensitive person, and it's not that you're different, it's moreso that maybe you have a good understanding of your own emotions. and maybe your friends do not.
    Andya, you make me laugh haha

Virgil, that sounds like spring fever to me! I dunno that I'm feeling God though...I think that would require a belief in God
    I was waiting for you to attribute it to something. So you get this feeling without any tangible reason? I get like this at times in the spring, when everything starts blooming and spouting. The sun just shines longer and air is not as cold and trees are budding and grass is greener. Birds are circling and robins prancing. I could almost feel God on moments like this. Maybe that's what's going on with you.
    Of course you're crazy - you're ruddy nuts! I mean, who has days where they're "incandescently" happy, then days when they're "down in the depths of despair"...? What sort of dream world do you live in?? Do you know what reality is?!? You're SUPPOSED to be miserable ALL THE TIME, with your feet firmly on the ground as you walk around with a miserable expression on your face that says "DON'T TALK TO ME I BITE." And when the splendid joy of life and youth and sunny happiness comes bubbling out of you you're supposed to squash it and say I don't have time for this.

The End.

Well, happiness is to some degree a state of mind. It's not totally, but it largely is. So, the question I can think of is one of remembrance. I would say try to remember those times when you were most happy.

I am a bit tired and am about to sleep, but I just wanted to encourage you. I would just quote Laidback's user title again, "Don't Worry, Be Happy," just to say, don't worry about making too much of it, you are definitely not... you wrote a blog entry. So far everyone is glad you did. Unless someone says "ah, this blog entry really peeved me off." er... and continued to be negative or something..
    er... yes, I am tired.
    Night.
    I apologize for leaving in mid-train of thought.
    How do you mean look too closely?
    Well, I don't want to find out there's something wrong with me because the only people I've described this to have given me very funny looks, and they're my best friends. And more importantly, I don't want to call this much attention to myself/ make a big deal out of something unimportant. Which seems to be happening a trifle here.
    I still collect My Little Ponies and I brush their hair. (But I mean. They're important to me. Can't have some grungy lookin' ponies sittin' around.)

I think I'm pretty stable though, even though it's kind of odd.

Sometimes I sing to myself, but that's not too odd.

You would probably even admire my massive collection of Grand Champions (the most beautiful horses in the world).

Again, like Kevin says - dear lord, if you feel this kind of happiness... it's nothing to be weirded out by - as long as you aren't going all Jekyll and Hyde (By Day She is Charm - By Night She is MANIPULATION. ). Analyze it, but don't think you have an imbalance, really.
    Haha I was never big into My Little Pony (blasphemy, I know), I pretty much started right into Grand Champions, so I have a rather impressive collection myself (though they're packed away in boxes now). And every single one of them had a name, show name, discipline, personality, and shoe box stall. I moved on to Breyers once I was a little older.

Horse girls really are our own breed, aren't we?

Don't worry, I don't have multiple personalities. If anything, I'd be by day and the good one by night haha.
    How do you mean look too closely?
    I still collect My Little Ponies and I brush their hair. (But I mean. They're important to me. Can't have some grungy lookin' ponies sittin' around.)

I think I'm pretty stable though, even though it's kind of odd.

Sometimes I sing to myself, but that's not too odd.

You would probably even admire my massive collection of Grand Champions (the most beautiful horses in the world).

Again, like Kevin says - dear lord, if you feel this kind of happiness... it's nothing to be weirded out by - as long as you aren't going all Jekyll and Hyde (By Day She is Charm - By Night She is MANIPULATION. ). Analyze it, but don't think you have an imbalance, really.
    I think I follow you, Nik. It's funny, you start saying very spiritual, profound things and I think you're losing me, then you throw in something like "yadda yadda" and it brings me right back into focus haha.

Yes, I see what you mean about the perspective one takes in looking at these things. I guess I'm just a little scared to look too closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_little_wisp
    Maybe you have an aura that's like a shield. o_o Your spirit rises above the physical world, physical happenings. O_o
    I just posted but I wanted to quote this and just say, right on! Nicely said.
    No, no, no reading to do.
    Oh, and, no of course I don't think you're crazy. Gopi Krishna besides; you raised a question which is incredibly central to my existence.
    For me it's... "who am I?" and "why don't I feel completely, utterly, at peace, permanently?" ha, well, the second is not put into words too often.
    But I have had experiences which make me really strive for this. Just to be at peace, to feel "One." Yadda, yadda.

And otherwise, my thoughts on this would be more like: we create the conditions of our happiness by our actions. Doing good for others is important to me, pretty much because I see it as a necessity of living. And anyhow; the mind/body connection is not understood fully, even minutely, by science. It's been shown so clearly how effective and important someone's faith is, in healing, and therefore in health; but... as far as general common knowledge goes, it's pretty much dropped. And so I have to seek these things in Buddhism and Hinduism.

But my point is that one's faith has somewhat to do with one's health, and also one's life; actually one's health has a lot to do with one's happiness, I would say.

I am not trying to overthink these things... because one thing which is necessary, at least for me, is to be integral in some sense... we communicate with words but thoughts and concpets are not my goal. In fact everything related to what truly matters can scarecely, and only ever-so-clumsily, be expressed in words, concepts, thoughts, and language.

But what you are experience is good, normal, -or, rare, in a good way- just wanted to say, my own perspective is one of seeking spiritual truth and faith... you are of course coming from a different perspective, but... yeah. Sorry if this wasn't coherent.

And as my friend laidbackperson has in his user title, "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
    Or I have some kind of psychological illness...hmm...
    Maybe you have an aura that's like a shield. o_o Your spirit rises above the physical world, physical happenings. O_o
    Becca, I understand what you mean. Well, sort of. I have a friend who thinks of everything in colours. I don't see things that way, though it sounds interesting the way she describes it!

Haha thank you, Kevin. Yes, I suppose I shouldn't complain about being Happy, right?

Skib- must be nice to share an existence! That way you know someone always knows what's going on with you!

Wispy, I dunno, on these days it's not that bad things don't happen, I just don't acknowledge them, maybe. It's hard to describe, but it's like I'm outside the ability of these things to affect me. Which is so not like me- usually the tiniest things completely throw my mood in every direction. Normally I'm up and down, but on these days I'm outside of that. Sorry you had a crappy night

Thank you, Nik. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I'm very glad you all don't think I'm crazy
    The only thing I can think of is Gopi Krishna wrote about the world taking on a sort of silvery luminescence after his experience of awakening in Kundalini.

http://scienceandreligion.com/gk/revelation.htm
    (I don't expect you to read all of this. But you might find Gopi Krishna's descriptions interesting. )

It wasn't the experience or the implications that I was reminded of, but merely that after his experience he began to see the world bathed in a 'silvery luminescence.'
    Updated 04-16-2009 at 12:50 AM by NikolaiI
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast