View RSS Feed

andave's place

But seek alone to hear the strange things said
By God to the bright hearts of those long dead,
And learn to chaunt a tongue men do not know
Come near; I would, before my time to go,
Sing of old Eire and the ancient ways:
Red Rose, proud Rose, sad Rose of all my days.

1. what do you think?

Can you help me? What do you think of this paper? How can I fix it? Namely, how can I make it more direct? Are my proofs identifiable?

Throughout the years, the proponents of the two primary methods of education, classical and progressive, have become enemies. Progressives paint the classical method as a mind-numbing regime of information militantly injected into the minds of oppressed children; on the other hand, classical educators view progressivism as a distasteful way of brainwashing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Redeemer Lives!

I think Romans 11 is my newest favorite chapter in the Bible.

Romans is a cool book. I read it through a while ago, taking my time, reading each chapter two or three times before moving on to the next one. When I finished reading it through I didn’t want it to end.

So I’m reading it again.

Chapter 11 is one of those mind-boggling chapters that paint the word “God” in red letters ten feet tall. It’s finishing up the theme of chapters 9 and 10, which was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Grumpy

Everyone is outside, playing capture-the-flag until midnight for homecoming. I want to go play, but I'm sick, and I know if I DO go outside I'll fall apart tomorrow.

I feel so guilty, too. A friend is going to take my breakfast shift tomorrow so I can sleep in, so I offered to take her shift on Saturday - not realizing that Saturday is two days away, and it's the day of the thingy for homecoming. We're officially opening the new Barbara Hodel Center (it's awesome!) and we're having ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. hiya!

I'm happy.

If you guys ever want to send me a note, that would be fantastic. Let me know and I'll give you my box address here at school.

I love being a college student. It's freakishly busy, but God is so good! Everything's fun and crazy hard and the people are all so cool! And I love my two roommates - I'll "profile" them eventually, but for now, C is the gentlewoman and E will take over the world.

Your future doctor of literature,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Squeeeeeee!!!

Hiya everyone!!

I am LOVING life at PHC. Every single one of my classes has tons of reading assigned AND (read, O Litnetters, and be jealous) most of my textbooks AREN'T textbooks but actual works of literature. Beowulf, Epic of Gilgamesh, Walden, etc. Which translates to mean I'll be taking most of my books home with me.

I have five classes (have to leave for one in precisely one minute) which are:

U.S. History I
    History of Western Civilization ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast