View RSS Feed

Captain Pike's Ship Log II

Day to day entries of note, whether they be simply ramblings and musings or actual projects -- pieces of things I've been working on.

1. Just getting my blog post count != 69.

by , 02-11-2008 at 05:50 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    I'm feeling a lot better now. Little Mrs. Wonderful has found a five-bedroom house. And I am up, out of bed, even showered. I never even got up yesterday. This is not a good thing. My boy is back in school.

It's almost like, it is like... the sun has come out.

My mother painted a still-life, it hangs in my kitchen. I've had it for years. She died of cancer back in 2003. I was just looking at the painting, and I was intrigued looking at a silver pitcher behind ...
    Categories
  2. AARRRGGH!

by , 02-10-2008 at 01:52 AM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    I've been holding back posting about this... I hate to be negative. I have had one hell of a Christmas! We're into the new year now and things just seem to keep getting worse. I don't know how much more I can take! I feel like I need to be kind of vague here... I should probably be talking to somebody other than putting my words on a whirling disc somewhere, and then slinging them out willy-nilly, all across the planet.

My darling wife and I have been bickering a bit over the ...
    Categories
  3. Chapter 4 -- The Ocean

by , 01-26-2008 at 10:18 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)

Chapter 4 -- The Ocean

Anthony had forgotten how much more he had enjoyed swimming in the great ocean than in any chlorinated pool. One thing about swimming in salt water is that you are more buoyant -- salt water is more dense than fresh water. This increased density means that an object will float higher. Further, since the human body is largely composed of salt water, swimming in the sea is naturally non-toxic. Consider the skin of the human body to be viewed as a semi
    Categories
  4. Chapter 3 -- An Idea Refined

by , 01-17-2008 at 06:47 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Chapter 3 -- An Idea Refined

The next time he was home, it didn't take long rummaging around in the garage to find his old Boy Scout trappings, including the vulcanized bag. To this bag he attached a short rope with a Velcro strap. He decided to bring along a collection of camping gear that he had amassed over the years.

Once back at the University, his first thought after unpacking was to go straight to the pool. In his room, he placed his essential swim gear
    Categories
  5. Chapter 2 -- Theft

by , 01-15-2008 at 04:10 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Chapter 2 -- Theft

One day, when he returned from the pool to his locker in the men's changing room, he discovered his wallet, his watch and a small pocket knife that he carried to be missing from his belongings. He reported the theft to the attendant at the desk near the pool office. He was told that most people used a combination lock to secure their belongings while using the pool. "We can't watch every kid that comes through here, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the
    Categories
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast