View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. I Want to Travel

by , 10-01-2010 at 09:52 AM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)

I was reading today that they have found a star in the constellation Libra that has planets that could support life. One planet, in particular, is inside the, "Hospitable Zone".

Using the Doppler effect of light, they can measure the slightly changing hues in the color of the star to measure what's called, radial velocity, RV. RV is the movement along the line between it and us. By analyzing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How ARE the Mighty Fallen!

by , 11-30-2008 at 05:08 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    It's really getting crazy around here. Things are happening, more or less according to a wild-*** prediction of mine; but to see it thus unfolding is still hard to believe!

Housing prices falling tens of percent overnight. The places which seemed to be impervious to the rest of America's plight; the arrogant aristocracy's perchs, pompously out of reach of the clawing demise of the po' folks thrashing tentacles, now tumble tenfold into this sea of foreclosure. I can't believe we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Godspeed Fleeting Youth

by , 11-12-2008 at 10:31 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    My pal, Kizpaws has inspired me to attempt a positive viewpoint toward the coming of winter. My physical condition precludes the many activities I used to enjoy in the winter. This is complaining. But there is another side to this.

I'm really glad that I was able to have all the great experiences that I did have, when I had them. I was reading about ...

Updated 11-12-2008 at 10:35 PM by Captain Pike (Those dratted asterisks again.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. OMG -- someone up there loves us!

by , 10-15-2008 at 11:06 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    This is getting crazy! I can't believe what is happening! So the owners of the blue ranch came back with the infinitesimally smaller counter offer. Okay, that's great news, right? That means, they are dealing with us -- we have a chance. Thinking this all over, I'm considering this blue House, it has technically all the stuff we would need. But no bling -- nothing special, an adequate, sensible domicile... blah blah blah.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A hitch in the proceedings...

by , 10-15-2008 at 03:23 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Okay, yeah... it turns out, I can be a bugger to live with. We talked on the phone, Little Miss Wonderful and I, we talked about... money. See, here's an area where we, at least I alone, have some issues. I hate to buy something, then see it at half-price a week later or somewhere else. Before I say anything more, have a look at the real LMW, or more precisely, the youngest of, Little Miss Wonderful.

Updated 10-15-2008 at 03:31 PM by Captain Pike

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast