View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

Come away O human child!
To the waters of the wild,
With a faery hand in hand,
For the worlds more full of weeping
than you can understand.

1. Three years on...

by , 11-18-2009 at 10:10 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    So tomorrow i'll have been a member of litnet for three years. wow! where did those years go!
    My time here on litnet has been a loving one, bar a short period that personally i wont talk about. Has nothing to do with my good friends here.

This time three years ago i was feeling very lonely and rather sorry for myself. I was sick with pneumonia and out of work for about two weeks at this point. Had been more or less couped up in my bedroom and had no visitors. I got very ...

Updated 11-18-2009 at 04:36 PM by Niamh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. This ones for Margaret. RIP

by , 10-06-2009 at 11:56 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    The airport as you all know is a constant hub of activity. For those of us who work there, there are faces you would see constantly, many belonging to people who have been working there for decades.

One such face belonged to a woman named Margaret. how long she has been working in the airport i'm not sure, but it was a very long time. She ran the Kiosk sweet shops in the landside area of Dublin Airport, one of the shops being located beside one of ours in the arrivals hall. Up until ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. In Bruges

by , 09-26-2009 at 07:28 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    As many of you here well know, i was off galivanting in Bruges from last Friday to Monday, here are a few of my favourite snaps from one of the Worlds most Beautiful Cities.

Updated 09-26-2009 at 07:32 AM by Niamh

Categories
    Travel Diary photo gallery
  4. All booked for Canada!! Woot!

by , 09-01-2009 at 01:35 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    Went to the travel agents today and I've booked my flights to Canada for January!
    Were reasonably priced too!
    Unfortunately i have to fly via Heatrow. I'm not a fan of heatrow and i'm flying in and out of two terminals i've never been in, one and three. (delt with two and four) Slightly Dearer than the Philadelphia route which i opted against because even though i'd just be passing through the Airport i'd still have to apply for a stinking US visa and fill out all the emigration ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some future wanders for the traveller in me! :D

by , 08-26-2009 at 04:32 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    So litnet knows i'm a lover of travelling. This year i havent done much bar a weekend in Worchester, Manchester and Edinburgh. I'll probably throw another weekend to Worcester in for later this year but i do have a couple of other trips planned for this year!
    Next month i'm off to Bruges. A couple of friends of mine from Belgium are getting married. i'm going to be there for five days, so i'm going to have an adventure in Bruges for a few days on my own (unless subby or someone wants to ...

Updated 09-26-2009 at 07:33 AM by Niamh

Categories
    Travel Diary photo gallery
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast