View RSS Feed

Archaeology and me

about Archaeology

1. My Archaeological Digs 2003-2005

by , 05-18-2010 at 05:39 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    As some of you are all aware, I was previously and Archaeologist. I thought i'd share my sites with you all!

College work experiences saw me on this one in Dundalk Co.Louth
    http://www.excavations.ie/Pages/Deta...Louth&id=10114

I was on the site when they started stripping back and found the first curve of the ringfort. I returned to the site for a few days in the summer before heading to my very first employed Dig! It was in Carraigmacross ...

Updated 05-18-2010 at 06:04 PM by Niamh

Categories
    Archaeology and me
  2. Archaeology and me: My first Dig.

by , 01-30-2008 at 07:35 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    Way back in 2003, I was hired for my first excavation. It was a Beautiful summer and i was very lucky to get employed on an Early Neolithic settlement site located at Carraigmacross in Co.Monaghan. We spent the first few weeks clearing the site, trowelling back the natural surface after the topsoil was removed and etching out any discolourations or changes in the soils composition in search of archaeological features. This isnt the best of jobs but it does bring a certain thrill, especially when ...

Updated 08-22-2008 at 12:01 PM by Niamh

Categories
    Archaeology and me
  3. Archaeology and Me, excavating a site.

by , 12-21-2007 at 04:29 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)

I've always wanted to be an Archaeologist. Thats no lie! I found a school copy from when i was in 3rd class (8-9 years old) with list of what i wanted to be when i was older. Archaeologist was there surrounded by stars. (mind you so was Nun, but thats when i once believed that nuns where senior nurses! )
    I went on to study Field Archaeology in college. Field Archaeology is your basic archaeology; career ...

Updated 08-22-2008 at 12:04 PM by Niamh

Categories
    Archaeology and me