View RSS Feed

Childerns and Young Adult Books

For random rants and reviews of YA and Kids books

1. List of Books For Chaney-here you go MH!

by , 01-08-2009 at 07:38 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    This is a list of some Kids books that i personally have really enjoyed. Now from the title its a list for Chaney, but anyone out there with Kids at the independant reader or older stage, or just a big kid a heart like me, i'm sure many of you will enjoy some of these books!

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer this series is probably what sparked off my love of reading Kids books as an adult
    Blart by Dominic Barker kind of a spoof tribute to the fab Prydian Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander- ...

Updated 01-08-2009 at 07:41 AM by Niamh

Categories
  2. Knife By R.J.Anderson

by , 01-04-2009 at 05:20 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    *sigh*
    Okay so i broke my no buying books ban. Believe me i was doing so well until January began and we got our new kids book of the month in. If you all know me well you know there are certain things i love... all things faerie, Brian Froud and Kids books. So when it turns out our new "kids" book of the month is a book called Knife and is about "faeries" the the cover artwork is an illustration by "Brian Froud" well there was no hope of me being able to over ...

Updated 01-04-2009 at 06:01 PM by Niamh

Categories
  3. my name in print! Eek!

by , 08-05-2008 at 05:18 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    A little over a month ago i got a request from my head office to do a write up for the new Artemis Fowl book, which i got to read a few months ago via a proof copy (kept that quiet didnt I! ) So i took on the challenge, and guess what! They used my write up and half the quote i sent on the Kids book of the month poster! So now my name is in print in ever Hughes and Hughes bookshop in Ireland and London! Mental that is! Mind you they made a typo on the poster. Its supposed to read "to ...

Updated 01-06-2009 at 04:00 PM by Niamh

Categories