View RSS Feed

Poems

some of my poems

1. Remember

by , 05-29-2009 at 02:51 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    So i've been rummaging around my room trying to sort some things out for my big move tomorrow and i came across a small browning slip of paper with a poem i scribbled on and dated 8/05/05.

So i thought i'd share it with you all.

Remember

When you have time to think
    Remember i am there for you.
    And every time your eyes blink
    Remember i am there for you.

I understand that times have faultered
    Friends may have ...
    Categories
    Poems
  2. The Big R

by , 05-24-2009 at 06:54 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    A couple of things before you read this poem... Its my take on the resession going on in Ireland, and in saying that is 100% personal so please feel free to comment but promise me... no political discussion?
    There is a possiblity i will remove this poem...
    Also, i need to mention that i got very stuck on the last stanza and a very very good friend helped me so Thank you thank you thank you!!! (((huge hug)))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And here we are again
    The ...

Updated 05-25-2009 at 05:45 PM by Niamh

Categories
    Poems
  3. Is Mise Me Fein (I am myself)

by , 05-22-2009 at 05:07 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    Okay so this expression has been in my head the last day or two. While in work it popped into my head. suddenly i was writing down a poem and when i finished, i read it and i was a bit surprised. I cant help think of it as a bold statement. And i'm not sure about it.
    But here it is. Please let me know what you think.

Is Mise Me Fein
    Is mise me fein
    I am no one else
    Take me as I am.
    All flaws, all warts,
    All virtues, all passions,
    I'll ...

Updated 06-06-2009 at 04:53 AM by Niamh

Categories
    Poems
  4. Be Not Caged Dear Heart

by , 03-25-2009 at 04:47 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    This is a poem i wrote recently. Its a bit on the rough side and needs a bit of work...

Be Not Caged Dear Heart

Be not caged dear heart, be free
    To love once more. Break down the chains
    That have long contained you. Can't you see
    The Passion that comes to soothe, to heal the pains
    Caused by a love whose love was
    Nothing but sorrow, nothing but hate.

Be free dear heart, beat once more
    in tune with loves sweet song ...

Updated 03-25-2009 at 08:45 PM by Niamh (bloody spelling!)

Categories
    Poems
  5. Deleted Poems

by , 08-12-2008 at 08:42 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    about nine months ago i removed a couple of poems from my Blog and Poems thread in the Personal poetry.
    I have decided to put them back as i was intending to enter them into a poetry compatition, but i got cold feet due to a lack of confidence. So here they are. Some of you might remember them.

Enough now, Enough Said

Enough now, Enough said.
    Keep your fickle feelings aside.
    Everything you say pounds my head.
    I'm bruised. Just go, let ...

Updated 08-22-2008 at 11:51 AM by Niamh

Categories
    Poems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast