View RSS Feed

Exiled in a kilt

random nonsense from the inner recesses of what for me is a brain, to others a big empty space

1. Early present

by , 01-07-2009 at 06:57 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    I decided to get myself an early birthday present from work

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672234

I have decided I will row at least 5k a night before going to bed in order to get back in shape & back to rugby playing weight.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. desperately seeking a buzz

by , 01-03-2009 at 12:05 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    It is time again for me to take a introspective look at what I am doing.

I cant go to a bar and just have one drink, then leave. Every time I go out I end up drinking way more than I intended to. Last night for example I went to the local establishment to have a bite to eat & a drink, while I watched the Raptors. A drink gradually became ten, and I wasnt even particularly enjoying it, but kept drinking in order to get that warm fuzzy feeling. I ended up staying till close at 2 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. blah

by , 10-16-2008 at 05:13 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, so the message says I've not posted in a few weeks - doubt anyone noticed though.

I am working away and generally getting stuff done. Since the last entry have added another worker to the crew - looks like it'll turn out ok.

I havent had time to pick up a book in 3 months, I am making do with a hurried read of the newspaper (Globe & Mail).

I am in the lucky position that I can afford not to be worried over the current financial situation in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Rant about pride & obligation

by , 09-24-2008 at 08:04 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    I dont know what the hell is wrong with people. Dont worry I am not about to decry the youth of today - mainly because (a) I still like to think I am young (even if I was middle-aged at birth) & (b) I dont think it is really a new problem.

Why is it so goddamn difficult to get people to take some pride in what they are getting paid to do? I am by no means an ogre (despite how much I may resemble shrek from a physical standpoint) I think I am probably an easy enough manager to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Life in general

by , 09-05-2008 at 07:38 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Firstly - Rangers 4, Celtic 2 hehehehehe wonderful. Made all the sweeter by that dolt Boruc being so pathetically bad.

Secondly - The NFL is back, I like American Football. I mean sure the padding and stuff is annoying - not as tough as we rugby players, but it is fun & entertaining & I enjoy it. LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Next - the bro & his fiance come out on Thursday. They were scheduled to fly with Zoom Airlines (which for those of you who dont follow such ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized