View RSS Feed

Exiled in a kilt

random nonsense from the inner recesses of what for me is a brain, to others a big empty space

1. The grand plan

by , 01-24-2009 at 03:16 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, I have been working out the numbers for a few months now, and in 10 years time I should be able to quit my job and open my own little bookshop.

I have wanted to do this for a while & now, unless life gets in the way, it looks like I should be able to do it. Kilted's books - opening April 2019.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Update on life

by , 01-18-2009 at 09:56 AM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, must be laundry day today - the basket is now overflowing

I had fun last night (went for casual kilted), but I dont think I'll arrange to see her again. Our interests werent really similar enough & I didnt get the sense of any kind of connection.

I have also been following papaya's school bells thread, it is making me think I should do some correspondence courses or something - no college near enough to do night classes or anything like that. Maybe I should ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Adventures with trucks & other considerations

by , 01-16-2009 at 09:39 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    I hate whoever loads the trucks that come to the store. I often think they are deliberately trying to piss me off (it aint paranoia if its actually true).

I took delivery of approx 750cubic foot of merchandise today (should've taken me maybe 45mins) Instead of it being organised & ready to go I had to handbomb 10 treadmills because they were stacked so unsafely that the entire skid fell over when I lifted it on the pumptruck. This would've been fine in and of itself, but having ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Good Times

by , 01-13-2009 at 07:55 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    All is good here.

Work has gone easy this week - only 5 more trucks till the weekend.

The Steelers won - We dominated San Diego, Baltimore go down next. After that the Superbowl goes back to its rightful place in Steeltown

The girl I mentioned a couple of entries ago called - I am taking her out for dinner on Saturday, I just hope I dindt have too big a pair of beer goggles on when I met her at the bar. I know this is shallow, but its not like I already ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Friday Night!!!! YAY!!!!

by , 01-09-2009 at 08:02 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, off out again tonight - one of my crews bday so going to meet up with her, some other guys from work & some of her friends to paint the town red (rickards red that is)

I am only going to have 5, this will be another test of whether I can control my thirst & maintain correct managerial distance/aloofness - something which I struggle with at times due to my gregarious nature
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast