View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Desires/What I want from life

by , 05-06-2009 at 06:25 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, so similar to the "I believe" entry I have decided to come up with list of what I want from life.

1) I want the bookshop I mentioned in previous entries

2) I want to find a woman to share the rest of my life with

3) I want to be a father

4) I want to retire to Crail

#1 will happen - the store will open, how long it stays open though is anyones guess

#2 possible

#3 least ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. persuaded

by , 04-10-2009 at 03:29 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So, realised has been a while since I last blogged. Problem is I dont really have anything meaningful or relevant to say - but I decided you lot know that has never stopped me rambling on in the past so it wont stop me now either.

Gonna start with work stuff - I got a raise (quite nice & useful). I am again going to be interviewing for new staff for my crew. I pulled my calf this week shifting a shed, and aggravated it moving loads of cases of pop.

Next up current ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I believe

by , 02-12-2009 at 08:02 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, I was thinking about this while walking to work at 6 this morning. What exactly do I believe in? I'm sure I believe in something, so decided to make a list.

I believe charity is a private thing not to be discussed.

I believe Scotland's problems will not be solved by independence only introspection

I believe coming to Canada was the making of me & I am proud of my dual-nationality

I believe Glasgow Rangers are the greatest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Perceptions & reality (plus other stuff)

by , 02-06-2009 at 10:23 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, I have been doing interviews the other day for a couple of openings in my crew. It is always amusing to see the prospective employees come in, sometimes you can tell right away from the person when you shake their hand whether they'll be good or not - other times it can take a while. The best bit though is trying to guess what each person will be like from reading their resume.

There were 2 cases in point that interested me:

1) Resume was perfect, well presented, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Update on the grand plan

by , 02-03-2009 at 06:45 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, so some of you were probably reading the grand plan entry thinking "yeah, nice idea kilt, but how?"

This is the how.

The main benefit to my job currently is the profit sharing plan. I can take money out of it tax free for certain reasons (such as opening your own business), and I get a decent return from it. I was speaking to my boss today about my grand plan & how much he thought I could get from the profit sharing in the 10 years till the plan takes ...

Updated 02-03-2009 at 07:42 PM by kilted exile

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast