View RSS Feed

Exiled in a kilt

random nonsense from the inner recesses of what for me is a brain, to others a big empty space

1. For a laugh

by , 03-07-2008 at 07:49 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, everyday when I visit this site I am amazed by the level of knowledge and how well read so many of the members are. In particular a lot of the young ones. As I have mentioned previously I was in the idiot class for English throughout high school and in fact failed it the first time around.

When I moved last year, I found a stack of my previous english notes that somehow survived the years. This is an essay I wrote at 17 in preperation for my English exam, the worst part is it ...
    Categories
  2. Spring has sprung

by , 03-06-2008 at 05:45 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    It must be spring. Despite the snow outside my window, baseball is being played in Florida, therefore spring it must be. This is the time of the year for insane hope, such as the mighty Blue Jays striking a victory for the good guys and knocking off the hated Yankees & R Sox for first place.

My mood generally changes with the season, currently I see nothing stopping my ambition, but by autumn I will be seeing all the pitfalls in full HD. For now though: "look at me ma' I'm ...
    Categories
  3. Duties of a bestman

by , 02-24-2008 at 07:17 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So, the brother asked me to be one of his best men earlier (my younger bro' will be the other one). I know I've got to do stuff like plan the stag night (under strict instructions not to play any pranks), give a speech, make sure he gets to the chapel on time, not lose the ring etc. I'm not sure if there is more to it than that.

Another thing is regarding the speech, to what extent am I allowed to poke fun at him? I know I have to say only wonderful things about the bride, no real ...
    Categories
  4. Promotion of hooliganism

by , 02-20-2008 at 11:00 AM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, there was a tv show made in the UK a few years ago called "The Football Factories" and it is presented by a cockney ponce called Danny Dyer who basically goes around the world kissing the feet of idiots whose sole reason for going to the game is to have a fight.

This program has recently started getting shown over here on The Score (a sports network that recently got the rights to show 1 EPL game a week). I understand they must have received complaints recently, because ...
    Categories
  5. Voting in Contests

by , 02-19-2008 at 01:45 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, I was going to post this as a comment to Pen's blog, but decided it was too long/slightly off topic.

I am one of the people who will very rarely vote in any of the contests. I will vote occassionally when the mood takes me, but I virtually never visit the personal writing sections of the forum anyway. There are some talented poets here, but there are also a lot that are not. Same goes for the story writers.

I do not read a lot of poetry - limited to Scots & ...
    Categories
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast