View RSS Feed

Exiled in a kilt

random nonsense from the inner recesses of what for me is a brain, to others a big empty space

1. Home

by , 06-02-2010 at 09:46 AM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So I have arrived home to dublin with niamh and couldnt be happier. Everything just feels so right and she did such a wonderful job of getting everything feel like home.

I got here on saturday morning and went round to meet her family that evening where we got chinese food and I was greeted with a leprechaun in the window and a tricolour lai around my neck. I had met her parents last year but I got to meet 2 of her sisters and her niece which was nice everyone was down to earth and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Moving away

by , 05-21-2010 at 05:41 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So I am one week away from being on a plane to dublin (stupid ash cloud permitting) I have sorted everything for the journey and just need to go through my clothes and whittle it down to one case of not more than 20kgs.

I finished work one week ago, and it hit me for the first time how close I was to leaving on monday when I woke up and found I didnt have a job to go into. That was a wierd feeling. I enjoyed my job, it was the best job I have ever had - but I am ecstatic in the knowledge ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Big News

by , 03-07-2010 at 03:58 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So I had been trying to keep quiet about this until after I give my notice at work etc but.......

I AM MOVING TO DUBLIN TO BE WITH NIAMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I am going over there at the end of May. It is a huge step but one we are ready for. Her leaving at the end of January was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I feel like I am missing a limb. Making do with talking over skype pales in contrast with being with her.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. collected thoughts

by , 12-03-2009 at 04:13 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So the SNP want to put out their white paper

It is with a great sense of worry that I contemplate the future of my country. Long time readers may recall my previous entry on the thistle tinted specs brigade. We are far too good at blaming others for our problems and not accepting the duty we bear instead to fix our country. We can be successful as an independent country yes, but if we go into it thinking everything will be rosy because we've finally carried through the declaration ...

Updated 12-03-2009 at 04:25 PM by kilted exile

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. An Update

by , 10-19-2009 at 12:41 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So I realised earlier I hadnt made an entry in a very long time. However any reader expecting any profound thought here will be sorely dissappointed I have no profound thoughts this is just another entry on life as it occurs in my little corner of paradise.

This past year has been really the best of my life. Everything seems to be going really well currently. I have a great girlfriend, I am healthy (other than a cough/cold) and I have a job that if I dont love at least enjoy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast