View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

"He not busy being born is busy dying"--Bob Dylan, "It's alright Ma (I'm only bleeding)"

1. kūdos

This is a little sampling of some of the emails I get regarding the discussion forums and the database of searchable e-texts on The Literature Network.

They come from all kinds of people: students of all ages, teachers, art gallery owners, professors, website owners, museum curators, retirees re-visiting books they read in high school, librarians, archivists, and various researchers.

It’s always great to hear from people who use LitNet and appreciate all the work ...
    Categories
  2. Ancient lovers....

"Ancient lovers to be kept together..."

--> Now isn't this just perfect Valentine's Day reading?

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!

St. Valentine...

Categories
  3. Groundhog Day

...... very serious and weird stuff!

From this article on CBC.ca

“Groundhog Day was inspired by an old Scottish couplet:

“If Candlemas Day is bright and clear/ There’ll be two winters in the year.”

Maybe some of you have seen the Bill Murray movie? where he lives the same day over and over and over again? sometimes I feel like it’s Groundhog day around here..

--

And so Wiarton Willie says we will ...
    Categories
  4. Robbie Burns Night!

It's Robert Burns' birthday today. I had added him to the site a number of months ago because I thought his inclusion as Scotland's bard was important, he's a worthy poet and songwriter, and he did much work during his lifetime to ensure that his country's folk songs, music and lyrics, would not be forgotten.
    oh yeah! and I've got Scottish blood in me bones

Burns wrote in the Scots dialect which sometimes makes his poetry difficult to understand if one is not familiar with ...
    Categories
  5. ♥Amazon♥

Currently my ♥ Amazon Wish List ♥ is at 9 pages. I'm hoping to get it down to around 7 in the next few days.

But really--what's up with Amazon.ca and Amazon.com? sacrebleu!!

.com you can get everything from dictionaries to dog pooper scoopers, GQ Magazine to snowblowers!

.ca? Well.. dictionaries, DVDs, and the latest Decembrists CD. Oh, and software/video games. That's it!

Which is all fine and good, but I'm really quite shocked ...
    Categories
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast