Blog Comments

My mother is doing well - she participates in the activities at the center and eats well now - she likes the food actually. She gained weight which she needed and she has a lovely roomate and she is more coherent now than before. I would bring her home if it were not for her overall care such as lifting and incontinince. But she seems satisfied to live there and to accept the 'round the clock' help.

I have been fixing the house up and it takes a lot of time. Construction people (now the painter/handyman) sure keep a person waiting. The living room is the last project but he has failed to come and paint the window frames and do a few other minor repairs/adjustments. I am in my glory otherwise "home decorating" which has always been a passion. I hope last to turn the back room into a craft/sewing center and can't wait to get more organised. When I am done I will post photos for all to see. I am grateful that I have such a lovely home and that we were unscathed by the huricanne. It is not easy being alone and maintaining everything. I try to handle my fiances so that I can make money by spending it. I just bought to space heater, so as to save on my oil heating bill....things like that. I am trying to be smart with my money since finances are a bit tight. But redecorating the house sure has been a trial but great fun at times.
    Updated 11-04-2012 at 02:00 PM by Janine
    This is so weird - last night I came on and there was no way to answer all of your posts.

Good friends, ALL are well in my family. My son and Brooke and his wife, Michelle recently came back from their vacation in Disney World, Florida and even though it drizzled the first few days the whole trip was marvelous. I went to their house after and saw the video my son took of the whole experience. Brooke loved flying and she was crazy over everything in magical Disney World. I was so happy to see that. She is 4 and very much into the "princess" stage and also adores Mickey Mouse, Minnie, etc. She loved the castle lunch and met with all the 'real' princesses...she was mesmerized but not shy at all going up to each to meet them. She loved the character breakfast and huging Mickey himself. Get this - she is swimming now...and she went up a huge water slide and right down into 3 ft of water and swam across. My son has a video camera that is waterproof - what a thrill to see her so happy. She also loved the rollar coaster and had to go up it several times. Her favorite Epcot country was Germany and the beer garden with the accordian player and all the dancing...she loves to dance. She had a ballet recital back in the summer.
    Updated 11-04-2012 at 02:01 PM by Janine
    I'm glad you're safe and sound. It's been a while since we talked. my friend. I hope things are well. Send me an email to update me with all you had going on. But Snowqueen has a good question. Hope you're son and his family came out well in this, especially that wonderful granddaughter of yours.

Unfortunately the death number keeps creeping up. So sad. Today I was driving around Staten Island and it's mostly unaffected. Except for some downed trees and long gas lines at gas stations that actually have gas, you wouldn't think anything had happened. It's a tiny area by the south shore that got really whacked.
    Hi Janine,
    I’m so glad you are safe. How about your son and his family?
    I’ve also seen pretty scary images on the news. It’s all very tragic no doubt.
    It's so good to hear from you, Janine. Glad you and you're family are safe. Please stay in touch.
    Hello Jan

Nice to visit your blog. Where is your album or the link to it??
    take care and best wishes
    mazHur
    Lovely party, lovely photos!

Many happy returns!
    Awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awwwww she's so cute
    Rocking Horse!! A girl after my own heart! Definitely a horse woman in the making, Janine She's beautiful, and it looks had you had a lovely day
    Hi downing, good friend, thanks for stopping by and your comments. I think she is adorable too. I think sometimes she looks a little like my son looked as a baby but then in profile she looks like her mother. I just could not get that exact moment she kisses the pony's nose but it was so cute; endearing.

Haunted, I know what you mean about the video. In fact my daughter-in-law and my son were taking videos so they could capture the moments. Sometimes also when we are all snapping away someone gets a good shot. Hopefully they did capture her kissing the nose. I was sitting at a bad angle anyway to capture that. I will send them these photos today and I hope they send me some back.
    That tuft of hair is soooo cute!

"I found one thing out, when photographing a one year old, they sure are active! Everytime Brooke will do something, which is totally adorable; then I go to push the shutter, she moves. I never seem to catch that moment and this is an older camera. It might not be fast enough."

I know all about that when photographing my cats. One way to get those invaluable shots is to actually videotape and then make stills. The quality won't be as good as a camera but you do capture the moment.
    Wow she is so adorable! And the dress is so cute! The moment when she kisses the pony's nose is simply gorgeous, you're right saying it makes your heart melt!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    Bien, by me or her other grannies...oh no, never! hahaha

Snowqueen, The last photo is my favorite, too. She is quite 'The Thinker' always. She will looks at you all wide-eyed, like she is trying to figure it all out. I love that look. I know it won't last forever, but it's so much a part of being new to the world and curious about everything.
    Brooke is looking very cute in her pink dress, she is really "The Thinker". I loved this last photo.
    She's not going to be spoiled is she?
    Thanks all for looking and commenting. Yes, Virgil, now I cropped some and think it puts Brooke more in the spotlight. It was her day! She took a long nap and woke up really happy and pleasant so she had a grand time. Thanks for stopping by Becca. It was a fun party. I love how you describe Brooke as being 'Sweet x 1000' and she really is that! You would love her.

LadyWentworth, glad you stopped by to comment. Thanks, not every day I do a blog entry. My favorite photo is that last one, too. I wondered if I should have put that at the top? You are the blog pro here on layout. Should I switch it to the top? Thing is it's at the end of the day, but I do love that photo so much. I am glad they choose to put pink on Brooke; really is her color. She always looks so cute in pink; 'pretty in pink', right?

These were taken with my 'trusty' old camera. I don't think it takes such bad photos. My son always says "get rid of that old camera". It's an Olympus, about 6 yrs old. He gave me a Polaroid slimline 3.2 mega pixel (one he had) saying it beat out my 1.3 oldie, but know what? I took photos with it and they were awful; red eye and blurry. I have no idea how to use it, since he tosses all instruction booklets in the trash.

...why of course; don't you think, LW that she looks just like me? haha...not really.....maybe just her eyes, mine are blue, too.

Her other grandma actually has natural curly hair like my daughter-in-law; isn't hers gorgous? Also, she was dark when younger, but dyes now. She would kill me probably, if she knew I wrote this blog and posted her photos. Oh well, this is private for my friends, right?

Anyone notice the light bruise on Brooke's forhead? My son said they went out to dinner, a few days prior to the party, and Brooke was laughing and threw her head down on the table suddenly; he said "oh great, now she will have a bruise for her party". It never fails with kids.

Almost forgot - the chair was bought at Pottery Barn and was monogramed with her name - so cute. I love it and the cover is cotton/washable.
    Updated 05-21-2009 at 11:58 PM by Janine
    I love the last one! I like the look on her face and how she is sitting there.

The dresses are so cute. That was a pretty good idea for the favors, though. I never thought about something like that. Yes, that would stand out to me. Where did she ever find that chair? Did she have it personalized? That is really nice.

Very nice pictures, Janine! She is just adorable! But I suppose that is because she is your granddaughter, right? That is something my grandmother would always say.

By the way, her other grandma looks like somebody! I will probably go crazy trying to think of who it is. She really reminds me of someone.
    D'awww!!! Sweet x 1000= your grandbaby.

Also, that looks like an AWESOME party! !
    Adorable! How she is the center of attention. Babies bring out such love.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast