View RSS Feed

day in a life

1. A scheduled life

by , 03-08-2013 at 09:53 AM (day in a life)
    I am the type that needs a routine, I need to know exactly what I do when I wake up and before bed and most things in between. I like living like this and when my routine breaks it is very difficult for me. Last weekend was my moms birthday and me and my brothers and their girlfriends decided to surprise her with a 3 course meal on Sunday. This was a weekend my son spent with his dad and my routine for those two days is to eat, read and watch tv. That is the way I like it. This dinner threw me way ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Egla and crossword puzzles

by , 03-02-2013 at 08:56 AM (day in a life)
    I went to a book market yesterday, they have it twice a year and I have been counting the days for longer than I'm willing to admit. I bought 14 books, mainly for school. When I came home I wondered if I'm a good mom, I bought 4 books for my son, one is math with stickers, woohooo, another has crosswords and all sorts of mind games, then Egilssaga for kids and a book about the Loki and ١r and all the gods in Valhalla. He'll appreciate it when he grows up, I hope. He was very happy about the book ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 500 years of sagas and drˇttkvŠ­i, will it work out?!

by , 02-23-2013 at 07:27 AM (day in a life)
    I shouldn't be here, I should be studying for my test. The first 400 years or so of the history of literature on the ice. Snorri and the Edda, drˇttkvŠ­i and kings and peasants. I am kinda nervous about this exam cause I hear the teacher expects a lot and is very strict. I have showed up for every class and taken notes, read the books and all that but I get so nervous when I have to answer questions about my knowledge. It really threw me yesterday when I couldn't remember the name of the jotun that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I'm changing into Gollum,no I'm Smeagul

by , 02-10-2013 at 05:16 AM (day in a life)
    Sunday is here and I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee and listening to my son as he talks to the tv. It's OK when your a kid and so many tv shows are interactive these days. I don't think it's OK when I do it... I talk to the tv a whole lot, I talk to myself a lot too. When I was a kid I would sometimes say 'good morning' to grown ups on the street, the other day I was in shock, an 11 or 12 year old said it to me. As I walked away from her I started talking out loud to myself if this meant I'm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. tea and the sagas

by , 02-04-2013 at 03:22 PM (day in a life)
    Well I have been reading more than the doctor recommended on the Icelandic sagas. All the men and women, mainly men though and why they wrote and what about and everything in between. I have a great teacher that specializes in this era and has published a few books and essays on the subject. All very interesting but not exactly my favorite kind of literature. I am kinda nervous about the test I have to take on the subject by the end of the month....
    The subject is very interesting and a good ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized