View RSS Feed

day in a life

1. boys, old and young and in all sizes.

by , 07-13-2013 at 07:41 AM (day in a life)
    Saturday morning, almost noon. I am just sitting in my kitchen drinking my coffee as usual. I am very tired these days, my big boy, my oldest dog Spock has been sick so the last 4 nights have not been fun. He had to fast for two days and he'll get a special meal tonight in small dozes. He even had some medications, he'll get the last one tonight. It has been a very eventful week for the boy cause on Friday a week ago he had a teeth cleaning and they had to pull three teeth out. Nothing big and just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Every day is like Sunday

by , 06-27-2013 at 09:48 AM (day in a life)
    Well life on the ice goes by as usual and we have had a few sunny days, I prefer the rain that drips on the glass roof of my sun room more though. I sit by my dining room table listening to a record and the rain drinking my new organic coffee. My son is playing in his room with a friend so I am just having a nice moment alone, well Sisko is asleep by my feet.

My dogs don't like being outside in the rain, they are city dogs from top to bottom. Spock would rather not go out for hours ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. matters of the mind

by , 06-15-2013 at 09:04 AM (day in a life)
    It is probably obvious to everyone that mental health is a lot on my mind. I just read a piece in the guardian about men's mental health. I am a big fan of Stephen Fry and I have seen and read about how open he is when it comes to this issue. This shouldn't be a taboo subject, it should be OK to talk about mental illnesses just like any other form of illness. This particular article was about letting children be children and not let girls be emotional and boys tough. I wonder about this a lot as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How many roads have I walked down?

by , 06-12-2013 at 12:10 PM (day in a life)
    I am currently re-reading the Ultimate Hitchhiker's guide, half way through the second book. It is a very good book, I enjoy it a whole lot and I wanted to read something fun before I dive into two Stephen King novels I have on my reading list next semester.

I spent the morning putting a trampoline together, it is pretty hard. The strings are tough to get into place but the security net was a pain in the a..... Very tough to do alone. My fingers still ache though they are getting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. where has my mind gone?

by , 06-07-2013 at 07:23 AM (day in a life)
    My last post here was very negative, don't know if this one is any better. I was at a birthday party yesterday, a kids party. A lot of the mom's friends were there and I tried to talk a bit but I don't really have anything in common with them and it was hard just finding something to say. I didn't sleep very well after this cause for some reason whenever I meet people I can't sleep after it cause everything I said and any move I make is going through my head and wondering if I did anything stupid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast