View RSS Feed

day in a life

1. Back on the ice

by , 08-16-2013 at 06:14 AM (day in a life)
    I am back home on the ice now after a few days on English ground. It was a wonderful trip and I would love to be able to visit more places in the UK. One thing I did realize during my trip, people on the ice have more (need for) personal space. There are fewer of us and the streets aren't crowded, only the malls on weekends. You hardly ever bump into other people.I felt like I was in the way everywhere I walked. Also the houses are closer together and (I am referring to the places we saw from the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. colors of the rainbow

by , 08-08-2013 at 06:59 AM (day in a life)
    Now is Gay pride week here on the ice, it's not just a day anymore it's a whole week. It is great to see all the shops in the main shopping street with a rainbow flag in their window and this is a real family holiday here. The national museum has a show about gay history here on the ice I plan to check out. Radio shows and interviews with planners, it's great. There are no gay people in my family for some reason and I only have one gay friend and she moved to another country to be with her wife ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. No, not my coffee

by , 07-28-2013 at 07:49 AM (day in a life)
    Still hot on the ice and I made some disgusting dog icecubes yesterday (not out of my dogs but for them). My dogs have a very thick fur, both are double coated so the 20°c yesterday was difficult for all of us. I gave them frozen apples and the I put water with something in it they like in the freezer for the next few days. I have no idea what it's called in English but it's just fatty acids from fish I buy it for all three boys, My son drinks a sip every morning and I pour a bit over the dog food. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. ice where are you? I am hot

by , 07-22-2013 at 07:45 AM (day in a life)
    I am a total wimp when it comes to heat! it's 10°c here and it's killing me, no sun or anything just still and hot. I am not looking forward to going to London and Brighton in August!! It will kill me.

Right now I am sitting at my favorite cafe in my town and drinking a delicious Guatemalan cup enjoying the quiet and the cold air in here.

Well life on the ice along as it should, rain and more rain. My son left for his vacation with his dad on Friday and I won't see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. life, the universe and me

by , 07-16-2013 at 05:51 AM (day in a life)
    I think my dog is getting better, finally! He got antibiotics yesterday and it was like when a child gets an ear infection, when the first dose starts working they feel better.That was the case with my boy. He needs to take this pill twice a day for 10 days and hopefully that will be it. He is almost 12 years old and there has never been anything big wrong with him, he has arthritis but that doesn't plague him on a daily basis, he has lost some weight so he looks better and feels better. Now he's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized