Blog Comments

well. it's Ian Anderson and a band that is mainly younger men, but is his material. I just thought it was funny that my friend couldn't remember the name of the band just that they were old.

In my opinion Anderson doesn't look old at all and he jumped up on his 'one leg position' a lot
    I have to admit I saw your title of the blog topic and the very first words that came to mind were: No We Don't. Refering to myself of course in my well used All About Me phase. On the other hand was impressed Jethro Tull is still around--haven't heard that name in YEARS.
    "I thought about how lost I think I am in this odd place and looked around and realized that I am no more lost than other people they just show it in different ways..."

That's very profound, Helga, and so true.
    I'd like that
    I'd be happy to send some rain in the weeks to come
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga
    just a break for the summer, I'll be back in September
    Makes sense I wasn't sure if you would attend class in summer too.
    Glad to hear it Helga. Feeling better makes all things in life easier
    That is a good feeling, isn't it, Helga? I'm happy for you!
    Relax and let it happen - or not. Thinking too much, or trying too hard can take up all your time and energy.
    just a break for the summer, I'll be back in September
    I know it's a strange bit to fixate on, but are you not doing college any longer? I'm a bit confused as to why you're not in school. The only thing I can say dear, is that you do what feels right. Don't do what feels easy, or familiar, do what feels right for you. I know that is easier said than done, but you should feel free to meet and associate with as many or as few people as you would like.
    I know EXACTLY what you need! But I lost my train of thought so I don't know anymore. I'll say this though, sometimes, I feel the same way.
    Doctors by passed my mother's B12 deficiency for a long time too. I think they assume that people absorb all the nutrients they need from their diet. They don't seem to think about vitamin deficiencies.

I'm surprised you can't get B12 off the shelf there. I thought we in the US were the most restrictive when it came to pharmaceuticals. One needs a prescription from a doctor for just about anything. Anything except vitamins. We have B12 in all sorts of dosages right off the shelf.

Out of curiosity, what dosage of B12 did your doctor prescribe for you?
    Updated 06-08-2012 at 11:40 PM by Virgil
    Well, all men are idiots to their wives. All except me of course.
    It may have been a rant about nothing, but it was an interesting rant. As you know I have a small boy myself, so I'm thinking as a parent now along with you. It's hard enough to get one boy to bed, I can't imagine two or more.
    I'm sorry Helga. Some times just ranting helps. Hope you feel better about things today.
    You're right, Helga, he is an idiot! You're doing a great job of keeping the lines of communication open, much better than I have ever managed. Maybe you could issue a specific invitation (or not); yeah, it will be uncomfortable for awhile, maybe forever, but it's good to try, or not. Whatever is most comfortable for you for the time being.

I like summer with major qualifications. The heat here is intense-last summer we had forty days of temperatures that were over 100 degrees. Needless to say my air conditioner doesn't work so well in that kind of heat. On the other hand I love the time off, and I love the evenings and the sound of the locusts. I would love swimming if I was a little thinner. Everyone here has about the same love/hate feeling for summer.

When I was in the sixth grade, though, our school offered these basketball games for everybody. We could all sign up for a team, it was purely optional. I was the only kid in school who didn't. Awkward!

Well, I know the heat sucks, but maybe you can enjoy the extra time.
    That is so odd that none of them thought of that! Well, they say that diagnosis is difficult, and I suppose it is, but it seems like that would be somewhat elementary (my dear Watson!)
    I really liked how you were so articulate with your emotions. I have been on both sides of the power of words. One that hurt and one that got hurt. Your comment about how you say something you didn't know you felt"or know was there" was a good point. Sometimes words can bring out emotions we never thought about, or many times, wanted to face. Words are a powerful thing.

"By words we learn thoughts, and by thoughts we learn life."
    - Jean Baptiste Girard
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    My mother has B12 deficiency. I make sure she takes a 1000mg every day.
    Correction. I give her 1000 mcg not mg.

Also, be careful (and I'm speaking for all the readers here) of taking too many vitamins. They can be harmful. I was taking a multi vitamin a while back and my iron level was coming up high in my blood tests. It reached a point where the doctor was concerned. Too much iron can cause damage to your internal organs. He asked what I was eating and I told him about the vitamins. He told me to stop and my iron levels have been normal ever since.

This very week there was a story about how calcium supplements have been linked to heart attacks. I give me mother calcium, since older women are prone to osteoporosis. When she broke her hip I had doubled the dosage on recommendation from her orthopedist. It's only recently I've cut back to a single, and only because I was trying to save her a little money. At this point I'm not sure if I should continue any, though one study doesn't make a conclusion.

Anyway, just be conscious that under most circumstances people get all the vitamins they need from a balanced diet.