View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Prosperpina/Persephome: A Work in Progress... and Finished!

Having largely locked in the young girl I turned toward the mother:

I roughly laid in a light green for her dress and a blue under-painting for her veil which was to be white. Immediately I find that I have doubts about this color combination.

I decided to hold off on the dress and go to work on the face and veil figuring that finishing these would give me a greater idea of what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. "Presentation"- A Work in Progress- continued... pt. 4

I have seriously thought about exploring egg tempera myself as I quite like the manner of building up through hatching, and there is certainly a greater stability to egg tempera (it is far less fragile than pastel). Many artists I greatly admire were also masters of the medium:

Duccio:

Giotto: ...

Updated 08-05-2010 at 09:14 PM by stlukesguild

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "Presentation"- A Work in Progress- continued...

I spent the day today... the hottest day of the year to date... turning the fan off and on as I added more gold leaf. The heat was so unbearable I couldn't really think straight... which unfortunately shows . I first came to the painting thinking the young girl's dress was too light in value and did not contrast enough with the background... thus I painted it darker. This was too "heavy" in appearance and so I decided to add a pattern in gold leaf. Here I've roughly applied the leaf ...

Updated 08-05-2010 at 08:45 PM by stlukesguild

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Carlo Gesualdo

I thought I might continue in an exploration of some "early" composers by cross posting an earlier little essay I wrote on Carlo Gesualdo... certainly one of the the most interesting "characters" in the whole of music:

I've been greatly enamored of this disc:

... of the music of Carlo Gesualdo performed by the marvelous Hilliard Ensemble.

I found ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. "Presentation"- A Work in Progress

As I'm looking forward to sending out information to various art galleries in search of finding gallery representation... and perhaps even selling my work... something I haven't don in about 5 years... I'm looking into moving away from the nudes (which are always have a more limited audience) toward clothed figures. Of course I am also intrigued with the added possibilities that clothing brings to the work.

The work is still heavily rooted in the iconography of icons and religious ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast