View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Some Art by Stlukesguild- pt. 3

Upon leasing a new studio space I continued to work in the same direction until the collages covered an entire wall. At this time I began to exhibit the work publicly... including entering a grouping of the pieces into a major museum exhibition. The work actually made it to the final weeding out... but in the end it was rejected (Iwas later informed) because of the huge scale (almost 14-feet horizontal:

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Some Art by Stlukesguild- pt.2

With time, however, the paintings evolved into something far more naturalistic...

Christine

Couple

Around the year 2001 my work took a sudden shift in direction. I was suddenly without a studio space and forced to create in a small office space where painting was clearly out of the question. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Some Art by Stlukesguild- pt. 1

I have, I believe, posted some of my own personal art to LitNet before... and some of it can be found on the web without much effort as a result of my postings to several art groups... nevertheless, as there have been several requests I will offer a brief overview of my own artistic efforts.

I was clearly no child prodigy...

Indeed, looking at some of my earliest art it is obvious ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Paul Klee pt. 2

Poetry- Klee was certainly inspired by poetry... read poetry... even wrote poetry... but his works also have a constant poetic strain that runs through them. Like a great lyrical poem they are often quite small in scale, and yet display a heightened sensitivity to the most subtle nuances of visual form. The images themselves are often quite suggestive in symbolic or metaphoric ways... rather than illustrative or illusionistic.

Klee also made great use of the poetic title. While many ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Paul Klee- pt. 1

Paul Klee was the first true Modernist artist whose work I admired. As a first year art student I worshiped the great old masters (still do) and struggled to grasp the innovations of Impressionism... and Post-Impressionism (Van Gogh, Gauguin, etc...) High Modernism... the art of the early 20th century... however, was another beast altogether. With my love of the well-rendered figure or landscape what was I to make of the distortions and fragmentations of Picasso, Matisse, and Beckmann... to say ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast