View RSS Feed

Personal Musings

description

1. All in a Day's Work

by , 04-23-2007 at 11:18 PM (Personal Musings)
    We are in the midst of a major upgrading of our computer systems at work. (Usually when I start a conversation with this sentence, people invariably ask, "Oh, you're getting the new Vista? How do you like it?" No, we're not getting Vista and I'm in no particular hurry to try it. We are, however, upgrading to encrypted data on all our hard drives. This way, should any computer be stolen or lost, at least we won't be having to warn people that their personal information could be subject ...
    Categories
  2. Long Thyme, No Sea

by , 04-21-2007 at 11:13 AM (Personal Musings)
    Wow, it's been two full months since I last wrote an entry in here! To say that I've been busy is an understatement. Let's see... I am involved in a complex upgrading of all our computers and computer systems (ongoing) and working a lot of overtime... I've been moving (packing, transporting, living around stuff, trying to unpack, trying to find specific things that are still packed, etc.)... and I've been away, with no access to a computer. (Huh? It's possible to find someplace left in the world ...
    Categories
  3. Lifecycles

by , 02-17-2007 at 10:09 PM (Personal Musings)
    I have been reading a very interesting book on a subject that I knew nothing about before picking up the book. I chose to read it with as open a mind as I am consciously able to open because the subject matter is of a nature that it would be easy to impose my personal philosophies, opinions, and experiences onto, prejudicing my ability to neutrally assessing the author's point of view.

The book is Lifecycles, subtitled "Reincarnation and the Web of Life", by Christopher ...
    Categories
  4. Working in Scotland

by , 12-06-2006 at 02:13 AM (Personal Musings)
    If you've been reading my other entries in this blog, you already know that I live in Denver, Colorado.

I went online last night and did a job search in Scotland. My motivation is this: I'm within one year of being eligible to retire. I'm seriously thinking about doing it, but I have reservations about living on a retirement income. What I would love to do would be to write my novel, be able to sell it, have it become a best-seller, and suppliment my income with the royalties so that ...
    Categories
  5. Memorial for dad

by , 12-04-2006 at 03:51 AM (Personal Musings)
    Joseph Badger Younggreen
    Born September 20, 1927, in Paxton, IL
    Died December 3, 2006, in Napa, CA

An only child, son of a traveling salesman, he grew up alone. Oh, he had both his mother and his father. He had playmates and classmates, but never a close friendship that followed him through his life. In college, his closest friend was Fuller. In the Army, his closest friend was Clegg. In church, his closest friend was Neil House. For various reasons, he lost all three ...
    Categories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast