View RSS Feed

Shannanigan's Search for More...

Here I am, blogging again. I seem to find myself rather interesting...I guess that's why people blog in the first place. That, and the desire to have that sentiment be reinforced by people like you, the reader. So, reinforce away!

1. Looking Ahead

by , 09-24-2007 at 02:08 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    As an aspiring teacher, I'm amazed at how discouraging the world can be for those of us out there that want to teach. Despite the low pay, despite the dangerous schools, despite difficult parents, we plan on teaching, and yet, more deterrents are thrown our way every day.

I can totally understand requiring education courses of people who want to be teachers; I am in full support of that. I actually enjoy my education courses for the most part because they usually provide me with information ...
    Categories
  2. A Long-Due Return

by , 07-31-2007 at 01:06 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    It's quite astonishing how I thought that when I was BUSY I had hardly enough time to hang around here...if only I knew that when I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do I would be here so much less!

I remember wanting to spend whole days on these forums...now all I want to do is sleep. Boredom breeds laziness, I think.

I decided not to work this summer; I had saved up a lot of money to go to Spain and then the trip got cancelled, so I figured I would relax and enjoy my last ...
    Categories
  3. More Than I Can Chew

by , 04-25-2007 at 03:42 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    I've come to the sudden realization that we all have different capabilities and levels of stress that we can handle...and I think I overestimated myself when I registered for six courses this semester.

Now, this is actually kind of funny for me. A full load of courses here is 12 credits, which comes out to about four classes. I usually take 16 credits, which adds up to abour 5 classes and a PE, since I love to stay active.

This semester, I skipped the PE and instead ...
    Categories
  4. Informal Formalities

by , 04-09-2007 at 12:57 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    It absolutely boggles my mind how little some people know about how to speak to their superiors.

I mean, I know to an extent that certain boundaries have been broken down as of late; and I definitely cannot imagine my generation displaying some of the more useless signs of respect which are simply formalities. I know that we are becoming more and more informal and it is becoming more and more accepted, but this is riduculous!

Sitting behind me at this very moment is ...
    Categories
  5. More JibberJabber

by , 04-05-2007 at 01:47 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    Haha, in my advanced writing class yesterday we began a chapter about blogs. Did you know blogging only started in 1998? It's evolved so much since then....crazy.

I'm reading Hard Times by Charles Dickens. I am really enjoying it, but I know that I would enjoy it more if I weren't required to submit answers to 20 questions every two days about it. I like just reading and enjoying...all this searching for answers is really taking away from the experience for me.

I submitted ...
    Categories
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast