Blog Comments

Thanks all It's good to be back; it always feels good to come around and see the mix of familiar and new faces(/avatars) hehe. See y'all around!
    good to see you Shan!
    And a hearty welcome back from me as well. I like the fact the kids mean enough to oyu that oyu would stick it out for them. Good show.
    Good luck on getting the creative juices going, but it sounds like you got it pretty comfortable right now. I wish I could dictate which parts of work I want to do. Good to see you Shan.
    Nice to meet you, man. Sounds like an interesting life you have there.
    Updated 01-20-2010 at 02:46 AM by JuniperWoolf
    Nice to have you back, Shan
    Thanks gbrekken; that is exactly what happened in this case, I believe.

*hugs* to mtpspur...there is little chance I will ever enjoy the entirety of my family, but the few people that are in it who I can spend time with happily are people I've been neglecting, so I'm going to try to fix that. It sounds like you and your son get along well
    My son was visiting this week and he has completed two degrees and in maping out his goals he mentioned that for his purposes he felt no major need to get the highest degree there is (Masters??) as he put it only .001 percent of university students ever bother. Nice to have but NOT an essential. With this context I read with pleasure your reply and think you are well on the right course. Privately I envy ANY one who enjoys their family but that will never resolve itself now so blessings to you.
    Just waiting.
    At times the knowledge we seek is not the knowledge that comes to us.
    Thanks Virg and mtpspur; it's always nice to find out you've been missed The program wasn't that difficult in and of itself, it was just that I realized that it wasn't my real goal in coming here. Getting a Master's was a great excuse, but in reality, I was just trying to get away from home for a while to sort out my priorities, and now that I think I've started to get a grip on that, spending the time and money getting a degree I don't feel passionate about getting just seems silly.

I'm happy with my decision, though many can't seem to understand why I could happily walk away from furthering my education. It's hard to explain, but I understand it for myself, and that's really what's important, I think.

I'm happy with the idea of going home, focusing on writing, taking on a simple job for the time being to get by, and enjoying the family and friends I failed to appreciate in the past.
    Once in awhile your name would cross the brain cells as well but I'm accepting (finally) that people come and go here but was pleased to see an entry from you. Good luck with the writing. As to teaching you don;t HAVE to have it ALL together--just be a few steps ahead of the pack as a guiding light. You'll be fine. I have always thought you were one of the responsible ones and taking care of yourself goes with it.
    Oh Shan. I had wonder about you the other day as I went through my friends list. It's too bad that master's program didn't work out. Was it the curriculumn? Were you teaching as well? You don't have to answer if you don't wish. Sometimes we have these setbacks in life but it sounds like you know where the center of your world is. Hope you pull your self out of it soon. And welcome back to lit net.

I've grown to appreciate and like it, and you're right Virg, I suddenly find myself wanting to study more histotry, lol. That's really funny coming from a person who dreaded taking history in school...
    Background and context is very important Shan. I'm glad you see it. But once you understand some of the background, it becomes addicting and you want to get the full understanding for all literature. It's a good thing.
    They loved "Beowulf," by the way, and months after learning it, you can still hear them in my room crying "Beowuuuulf!!!" whenever someone says/does something strong/forceful.
    Amazing!
    You never stop learning
    Lol, a few collegues who saw me type it liked it, too :P It is possible to get my MA part-time, but for personal reasons, I just prefer to immerse myself in school and not have work be my primary focus. If an opportunity comes along that I like I may change my mind, but as I am now, I'd rather put work second on the totem pole and do something like part-time tutoring Thanks for the well wishes!
    and I love being pushed to think, because it just gives me the mind-gasms that I can never get enough of.
    and I loved that thought/line!!!!

Dear fellow Caribbean-er? If you want to get going on a career, is there a way to get your MA part time? I realize that takes longer but it frees up your time to pursue the much needed "work/life experience". Just a thought. Good luck with your move!
    I don't know you, but I'm glad you posted that link! I think I'll stick some of those quotations in my binders for the bad days.

Fingers crossed! Best of luck!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast