Blog Comments

@Daniel: uh hum...and the members!!
    I find it hilarious how this is the most popular blog post amongst guests just because of the title. It seems to tell a bit about the non-members amongst us
    Nice to meet somebody who likes Bergman You pretty much listed my three favorite films from him.

You MUST see 2001: A Space Odyssey, my favorite film of all time.

As far as Tarkovsky goes, he is a great director, but one must be quite experienced in art cinema before coming to him. He's quite difficult and rather tedious for the average filmgoer. But his slow and contemplative pacing is just my cup of tea so I highly reccomend The Mirror.

Btw, if you like Bergman and Antonini, check out Fellini.

The 400 Blows was great as well. A masterpiece of the French New Wave.
    Lay is what you or anyone does to anyone else. To lie is another story.
    there is always more than one guest viewing this thread when looking at Who's Online.
    Wow, this blog has received over 247,000 views. That's wicked!
    Sorry to hear that you were ailing, Opti. I hope you are all back to normal soon.
    As for you 'hacking' the masters/pgce? Oh I think that you will ace it, my friend. When you put your mind to something, that something pans out ... Opti is determined!
    Have fun with the moving, but don't work too hard.
    hope you feel better soon!
    First, I don't have to pretend. I care.

Second, the minute you start playing for real is when you start losing. Keep that in mind. No one really wins at gambling. The odds are against you and over time the odds play out. Unless you don't believe in statistics, or more accurately probability.

Oh congratulations on starting Grad. That is wonderful. If you ever want to bounce any paper off at me, I'll be glad to give you my thoughts.

Feel better Opti. Two months is a long time to be ill. Have you seen a doctor?
    Updated 05-28-2009 at 08:06 PM by Virgil
    Everytime I check to see who is online there always seems to be a guest checking this blog out.
    Your attention grabbing title works.
    Have you seen Krzysztof Kieslowski's 'The Three Colours Trilogy'? Three films: 'Blue' 'White' and 'Red'. French with sub titles. You won't be disapointed. My favorites are 'Blue' and 'Red' Some haunting music too.
    Thank you for the links.

I find audio books offer an interpretation of the book, i was listening to the awakening and the nuances of the reader's voice gave away the meaning of what was being said.

I would strongly recommend professional readers but my advice is don't get carried away by celebrity names - i mean actual hollywood people, i came across this recently, seems like yet another money making scheme.
    There's some audio recordings of Richard Brautigan's poetry and writing here:

http://www.brautigan.net/recordings.html
    I love audio books Opti. I read along while listening. I get so entertained that way, I read and listen to an professional reader and it goes so much faster than my reading alone. Thanks for this Opti. I find that Amazon has very good prices but I also look at audio editions if they have any deals: http://www.audioeditions.com/ and audiobooks: http://www.emusic.com/audiobooks/index.html and Recorded Books: http://www.recordedbooks.com/. Recorded books has a rental deal where yuo rent them, but I have never tried it. Borders and Barnes and Noble also have deals too. Those are the ones I try. I don't know what's available over across the Atlantic.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them - I'm aiming to work in the media industry so it's always good knowing what people like about films
    Did not know that. Well, you sound like a movie person. I prefer literature though. You should talk to Janine about films. She's an addict too.
    If you don't like Bridge Over the River Kwai in the first 30 minutes then stop otherwise I believe it is well worth the time.
    Oh what a let down. You had me going Opti. I was about to ask all sorts of questions. I was also going to conclude with the moral of the story being to never trust a tax collector. Well, that's still the moral.
    pure genius!
    OMG, Opti! You certainly had me going there!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast