View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Lies and Lessons

This past week has been an interesting one. Some of you may already know I was down with the stomach flu last week and early this week. Interesting story...

While genuinely sick last Tuesday evening, I missed my Statistics class. I called the only friend I had in the class to see what I had missed. Interestingly enough, she had missed class as well. But we both knew that we had missed our professor going over the homework he had assigned to us. His plan had been to go over the two ...
    Categories
  2. Some Thoughts

Today is good for two reasons:

1. because my sacrifice for the month of January (for church) is finally over and I can allow myself more than one soda (caffeine!!!!!) and

2. because UCR is starting to notify applicants if they have been accepted. They are STARTING now, so don't know exactly when I will get a letter. It is better I guess than finding out in April.

My nerves are going to be sooo twisted.

Ah...and I should probably let ...
    Categories
  3. Finally Friday

No driving back and forth today! Just work!

I am so glad it is Friday because it has been a rough week. But it will be a cool weekend. I'll be going to a Paul Wright concert and he is just awesome (considering the music tends to affect the way I drive I should warn you all to avoid the streets while I am dancing in my car).

My university has sent out a postcard and it is letting all applicants know that they will be notifying people of their acceptance starting Feb. ...
    Categories
  4. Graduation in May

I met with my counselor last week. As I mentioned before I've applied for a university and I will finally be leaving community college. My counselor was so great - she managed to help me get three Associates degrees. I will be getting one in Anthropology (first to do so in five years), second in University Studies (my transfer coursework) and the third in Liberal Arts. So I've applied for graduation.

I think most apply for one AA. I got lucky I guess. So I have to dredge out this ...
    Categories
  5. Starting Spring Term

Had my first of three classes today - Voice lessons. Dr. deDobay, my instructor seems like a real great guy. The class also seems like an awesome group to practice and sing with.

He told us our final at the end of the semester is to sing two songs in front of the class, well, I sing in front of about a hundred three times a week. Doesn't sound so bad.

I had started off this morning a little hesitant taking actual voice lessons, but I think this is going to be a great ...
    Categories
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast